Cafe Sport register?

mikie

Haven't had a V11 for about four years until I recently bought a Cafe Sport, so have only lurked around here occasionally until lately. This site continues as a delightful place where opinions are accepted or not, and a wealth of information can be had about these fine machines. There is a "however", though. I can't help but notice that stickies were developed for Scuras, Rosso and Nero Corsas, and even the rather homely by comparison Tenni ;) gets its own forum. But there's nothing for the Cafe Sport, probably the nicest modern Guzzi ever built :notworthy: !!! Could this be because it's such a rare and exotic example of the breed, only owned by the privileged few and the object of envy by the hoi polloi? Or perhaps due to the fact that in the mountain twisties it is capable of running circles around all other modern Guzzis? Just sayin...

Those Sport guys . . . bunch of renegades, they don't want to be registered; like a collie.

Absolutely wild and untamed; those Sport guys . . .:thing:

Sorry guys, you just own the tame (timid) version of the real 1100 Sport. Having said that, it's a nice bike, with lots of gears and all (why would anyone need more than four gears on a Guzzi? My fifth is an overdrive) B)

Edit: I just realised I've got one too. The real, real version is the carbed one. My bike is timid too :huh: Just imagine, 40 mm carbs, choking the cylinders with a throttle pump nearly evil enough to hydro lock them.

One day I will merge an 1100 Sport carb with a Convert gearbox and a tonti frame. I'll let you know.

One day I will merge an 1100 Sport carb with a Convert gearbox and a tonti frame. I'll let you know.

And here I thought Swedish women were the antidote for those long Stockholm winters . . .:unsure:

the Cafe Sport, probably the nicest modern Guzzi ever built :notworthy: !!! Could this be because it's such a rare and exotic example of the breed, only owned by the privileged few and the object of envy by the hoi polloi?

Correct. :bike::grin::mg:

Haven't had a V11 for about four years until I recently bought a Cafe Sport, so have only lurked around here occasionally until lately. This site continues as a delightful place where opinions are accepted or not, and a wealth of information can be had about these fine machines. There is a "however", though. I can't help but notice that stickies were developed for Scuras, Rosso and Nero Corsas, and even the rather homely by comparison Tenni ;) gets its own forum. But there's nothing for the Cafe Sport, probably the nicest modern Guzzi ever built :notworthy: !!! Could this be because it's such a rare and exotic example of the breed, only owned by the privileged few and the object of envy by the hoi polloi? Or perhaps due to the fact that in the mountain twisties it is capable of running circles around all other modern Guzzis? Just sayin...

Is the Cafe Sport the rarest V11?, anf if so how many produced?

I need no's to satisfy my curiosity.

If you don't know exactly just make something up;I don't suppose that anyone at Guzzi could prove otherwise.

Andy Roo.

All the research I've done suggests that out of the eighteen imported into the US, there are only seven left in this country due to a little known secret society (see the DaVinci Code) that have dedicated themselves to returning the US Cafe Sports to the Vatican so they can claim the world's entire collection of the forty six remaining. Anyway, that's what I've read, so it must be true. Those of us who still have our Cafe's must guard them with our lives.

All the research I've done suggests that out of the eighteen imported into the US, there are only seven left in this country due to a little known secret society (see the DaVinci Code) that have dedicated themselves to returning the US Cafe Sports to the Vatican so they can claim the world's entire collection of the forty six remaining. Anyway, that's what I've read, so it must be true. Those of us who still have our Cafe's must guard them with our lives.

Wow; I guess I better go out and polish mine again!

• 5 months later...

Wonder what was the total production of Cafe sport???

In Greece there is mine (bought it new in 2004), and one more imported by a friend lately from Italy.

I think Cafe sport model was produced only second half of 2003, by Aprilia

were sold as 2004 models or as stock next years and production stopped there.

Well, I personally know of three including mine in this area, but I'm sure there are more around here. But it's rare to see another one. A registry of VIN's might help in determining numbers.

Well, I personally know of three including mine in this area, but I'm sure there are more around here. But it's rare to see another one. A registry of VIN's might help in determining numbers.

Add one more to the list for me. :bike: I agree that we need a registry to find out how many of us there are. I know of one other for sure that was for sale a little while ago here in TX. Maybe that person is on here too?

It is a fantastic bike, I love mine. I have the not-so-common MIVV exhaust on mine. Sounds great, but the looks are not for everyone. I feel the smaller mufflers "lighten up" the back end a bunch and I love the looks, but others have told me they think the looks are "too modern" for a Guzzi. Good thing it's my bike. :D

This is the only pic I have right now. It's with my other bikes, but I'll get another posted when I can. I need to see pics of the others listed here. :bier:

IMG_1969.jpg