How to ride the V11

Jamie

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th gear at 100-120km/h gets me 350-370km per tank. 6th gear at 100-120km/h gets me 240-260km per tank, ergo 4500-5500=happy cruise. Around town if no throttle required I sit at 3000-3500. Don't lug yer baby, it just shakes and gargles fuel. (I have often wondered if that shake factor due to lugging is an aid to the loosening of the oil filter that some have suffered) :2c:

Yes, I have been thinking about this oil filter loosening problem that seems so pervasive with the V11's - only to conclude that the problem may rest within the accessibility of the filter through the hole. Many of us have always been under the assumption to always hand tighten 'spin-on' filters and never use a wrench, so perhaps too many owners tried to tighten this filter through the hole by just using hand pressure, which, it damn near impossible to do! ^_^

Cruising around 4 K B).

Fast riding on narrow and winding roads (Guzzi-roads) >5 K :race: .

I ride with Mistral cans and crossover, and love the pull they give out of the curves :D.

it seemed like 3750 rpm was the sweet spot on my Tenni.

now with 60,000 km on the clock, the sweet spot seems to be climbing to around 3900 rpm.

maybe it's finally getting broken in :D

There's no sweet spot with the Scola RS cam: it's just mayhem above 4.000 rpm...

I'm +1 with fotoguzzi, as it's always seemed to me that the Cafe's sweet spot is hit at around 1500 mph. Of course, the V7 Sport is older technology, so I try not to exceed 1100 mph on that one. :rolleyes: