New Coppa Italia Owner - Why No Registry?

SRL

Hello all, long time lurker, first time owner.

Just bought a 1,000 mile Coppa Italia! I have been wanting a LeMans (Rossa or Nero) since riding one back in 2003 but now decided to jump at the rare Coppa (hope I made the right choice!) I'm doing a fly and ride to pick it up and riding her home down the BRP next week.

So looking through all the other fancy V11 registries I do not see one for the CI, what's the deal? Has to be some other CI's on the forum?

Will post pics from the ride down.

Looking at my post I just realized that I have been lurking on the forum since Mar '03 - right after test riding a LeMans at Daytona Bike Week the first week of March.

7 years 1 month, 3 Aprilias, and a Triumph later I finally found the bike that made me pull the trigger. Long time coming!

Model registries are started by forum members. So you can start it yourself!

...and welcome to the forum, although you have been lurking for over 7 years :D

Thanks!

So it turns out that I have identified a deficiency in the system...and it's me! :)

So I'll be the first (and maybe only one) to register, that will make it easy to keep up with myself!

Isn't this the bike voted runner-up to BOTY last year?

That would show how bad-@$$ it is, for a 2004 to be runner up to BOTY in 2009! :mg:

No, I think that you are mistaken, maybe it was the KTM Super Duke or Duc Streetfighter?

That would show how bad-@$$ it is, for a 2004 to be runner up to BOTY in 2009! :mg:

No, I think that you are mistaken, maybe it was the KTM Super Duke or Duc Streetfighter?

Nah, we don't allow those to have their pics posted as "V11 of the month" here on V11LM.com, so how could they be voted bike of the year?

We may be a little narrow-minded that way, but it does keep all the riff-raff non-contenders from confusing the issue... 'cause, at the end of the day, we all know what bike we'd rather ride home on, don't we? :grin:

Nah, we don't allow those to have their pics posted as "V11 of the month" here on V11LM.com, so how could they be voted bike of the year?

We may be a little narrow-minded that way, but it does keep all the riff-raff non-contenders from confusing the issue... 'cause, at the end of the day, we all know what bike we'd rather ride home on, don't we? :grin:

Sooo we are talking about the V11 Forum BOTY? I thought we were talking the bike rags BOTY. If it was the V11 BOTY it should have been first! :bike:

Sooo we are talking about the V11 Forum BOTY? I thought we were talking the bike rags BOTY. If it was the V11 BOTY it should have been first! :bike:

I've found after a lifetime of reading them that most bike rags are written by journalists, who, - while they may be better riders than me by virtue of getting constant invitations to press junkets, etc. - are generally without a clue as to what really makes a bike great. Hint: it isn't necessarily the fastest or the one w/ the most shrimp at the press reception! ;)

So, yes, we're talking about the V11LM Guzzi of the year. And as to why your Coppa didn't win, well, that's a function of the fickleness of the voting membership [ie, those members of v11lm who bothered to vote when they had the chance] and the quality of the photo submitted. Let's face it, a bad photo is going to be a real handicap when it is what the voting is based upon! :pic:

FWIW, I love the Coppa, but a Daytona RS in lemony yellow will win it for me every time. Can't stand the looks of a Centauro, altho' the Centauro GT in BRG was the best looking of that particular model line. Someone else will feel 180deg opposite of my tastes. When it comes down to a vote, the final winner may be the bike that is less polarizing than the others. Hard to go wrong w/ basic black, like my LeMans. It's all good! :thumbsup:

Sooo we are talking about the V11 Forum BOTY? I thought we were talking the bike rags BOTY. If it was the V11 BOTY it should have been first! crossy.gif

V11 BOTY last year... The winner was (black with Alpina wheels) Diesel's . I thought this bike was the "runner up". Can you verify, Jaap ?

V11 BOTY last year... The winner was (black with Alpina wheels) Diesel's . I thought this bike was the "runner up". Can you verify, Jaap ?

Well, we'd gotten sidetracked on what exactly was meant by "BOTY" in this context, & weren't trying to abscond with a title for his new-2-him Coppa that wasn't rightfully his. But I'm certain if we went back in time to the BOTY thread we could determine what place his bike took, or if entered at all.

Those Alpina wheels were quite snazzy tho', weren't they? :whistle:

They still are. They are on my bike now. Diesel sic "crashed and burned" prior to his bike winnning the award. To my knowledge he sold all his 2wheelers.......

They still are. They are on my bike now. Diesel sic "crashed and burned" prior to his bike winnning the award. To my knowledge he sold all his 2wheelers.......

How 'bout some pics Gene? I love those spoked wheels on the V11 :wub: