Left intake boot cracked through

vtv11lemans

After 7 years and 63K miles, my left side Intake boot (in front of the injector housing) has cracked through (02 LeMans). I'm not particularly enamored by the quality of the rubber used. Does anybody know of an after market part that's an exact fit that can handle the rigors better (silicone based rubber or something of the sort). My left side boot showed cracking after only 2-3 years in service. My right side show's very little wear (mystery). Also the fit on the ride side boot is more snug against the The injector housing as well as the intake plate. It's almost like the cylinder head on the left is further away from the position of the throttle body housing. Hopefully I'll be able to find the part somewhere in stock or at the national distributor. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Leon

Hi leon

This is common.7 years is pretty good for the V11.If the cracks get larger the A/F mixture will be upset and will make the bike act like an unbroken pony.You can get them from MG Cycle or Moto International.I would recommend replacing both.

Michael

http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php?products_id=42

If appearance isn't a priority, you can seal the cracked manifold w/ some E6000. Shoe Goo would also probably work, but it dries clear so it would look more like snot on your intake when it cures.

Hi leon

This is common.7 years is pretty good for the V11.If the cracks get larger the A/F mixture will be upset and will make the bike act like an unbroken pony.You can get them from MG Cycle or Moto International.I would recommend replacing both.

Michael

http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php?products_id=42

Thanks. I checked MG Cycle website and they are in stock. Now I've got to figure out the best way to maneuver my throttle body housing to get in there and slip in the new sleave. Anybody find a painless way of doing that. Leon

What do you mean by clips. Where the actual injector attaches to the housing? Leon

Ref below... I meant hose #14 Is this what you mean. I just put mine in a cup of boiling water for a couple of mins and they slipped in fine.

85596005.gif

Clips #13 & #15 just come-apart and can be threaded on after.

If it's the injector to housing seal that you mean, then I haven;t had cause to do that yet.

Cheers

Rob