Terrblanche and Galuzzi speak out

an interesting read from the two designers.

Pierre Terreblanche did the Supermono and the Classics, plus the multistrada first generation and the 749/999 while Michael Galuzzi penned the Mostro (as it was known back then).

linked from Hell For Leather. No, it's not a boutique for bikers and tatoos :)

an interesting read from the two designers.

Pierre Terreblanche did the Supermono and the Classics, plus the multistrada first generation and the 749/999 while Michael Galuzzi penned the Mostro (as it was known back then).

linked from Hell For Leather. No, it's not a boutique for bikers and tatoos :)

Thanks for that link! The comments are running thick & fast [my post handle was "Scooter"] but the author of the piece [Wes Siler] botched the "in-line vs. transverse" tag again (as most non-propellerheads do). :nerd:

Just read your comment, Scooter! Way to go :)

Well, i met Terreblanche once, and he was really cool and easy-going, and even tho I don't like much what he did besides the Supermono he's a man with an original vision and I respect that. He comes to design with an intelligent reading of history and what's been made before him, and doesn't just paint a bike from the list of accessories it will have, but with an attitude about design that is meant to provoke toughts. Now, can you actually ride them is all the question... (The prototypes he did actually do look better in real than on pictures).

Oh, about the transverse V twin thing. Everybody is entitled to their opinion.... Mine is that if you call it a "transverse V twin" it is referring to the V being transverse (not the crank) and if you say something like "transverse crank V twin" you would be referring to the rotation of the crank.

Feel free to view it differently.

It does make me a bit sad to hear Galluzzi say, "The older crowd is going to go away at some point."

Ouch, I "resemble" that remark!

And then there's the guy who says something about "aging aficionados." Hey, at least that makes me an aficionado!:oldgit:

The idea that bikes have become too heavy is very real. I keep trying to get 40 pounds off my Sport, but it runs out of gas!:huh:

How do they expect "aging officianados" to mount a Windjammer and ammo cans on this???

Guzzi-V12-Strada-1.jpg

I like the half faired V12 LeMans sketchs at the top of the article much better than the actual show bikes.

Terblanche-Galluzzi-Interview-1.jpg

Terblanche-Galluzzi-Interview-2.jpg

It does make me a bit sad to hear Galluzzi say, "The older crowd is going to go away at some point."

Ouch, I "resemble" that remark!

And then there's the guy who says something about "aging aficionados." Hey, at least that makes me an aficionado!oldgit.gif

The idea that bikes have become too heavy is very real. I keep trying to get 40 pounds off my Sport, but it runs out of gas!huh.gif

I need to get 40lbs. off my tool shed !

"(Tom M): How do they expect "aging officianados" to mount a Windjammer and ammo cans on this???"

:lol: Ah, yes, we "seasoned (pickled?) Guzziomos await the Mandello answer to the Ural Patrol. Something tells me Terblanche has not jacked up his Jeep Cherokee yet.