Theoretical limits

Guest John T

Guest captain nemo

Man, considering all the hard labor I've put in around and in my house, their is NO WAY my wife would bother me about my hobby. She knows a guy has got to do something with his hands, and she would rather I put my hands on something that doesn't flirt. :wub:

... and she would rather I put my hands on something that doesn't flirt. :wub:

:lol:

But that may be debatable.

My bike is the biggest flirt, especially when I clean her up.

My girlfriend IS jealous and I think she is on to the fact that my Guzzi is more than an inanimate object.

PS Captain, we want to see the dyno!

Your mods now are PCIII, muffler, and air filters, right?

Guest captain nemo

:D Actually, to be honest, the Guzz is quite a chick magnet. When the 'thunder brothers' pull up at the Buckaroo Tavern it is quite a scene. All the girls check me out. What is sexier than a V11 or Duc? :rolleyes:

Back to Dynos.......

DL, yes, I have PC111, mistrals and 'bow wow' VW air filters. I think my air filters are very 'open' because the Guzz has an amazing top end now. Just amazing to me - Honda-like. I think my cheap-o air filters are sending me more air than the K&Ns.

So, where do I go to get a Dyno test? :thumbsup:

Guest captain nemo

No, I DO have a custom map. I was running something very close, but I got my custom map at Moto International. Like I say, I have an amazing top end now which I think is due to my cheap-o air filters. Like running straight velocity stacks. Also, my Guzz sounds just like a blown Ford Mustang - pure music. Just beautiful. With my new custom map, the Guzz has a lower tone and thumps a bit more.

No, I DO have a custom map. I was running something very close, but I got my custom map at Moto International.

So, Moto International put your bike on a tuning link, or other dynojet dyno, ran it and built a custom map for your bike?

Very good, so, we are all waiting......what are the dyno numbers?

Torque and horsepower please, and I assume the drivability is perfect?

Jeez..what a nerd I am! :nerd: I love looking at dyno charts! :grin:

....right, if MI actually made a custom map for the bike, they would have run it on a Dyno with the Dyno Tuning Link software to make the custom map for the PCIII. This usually runs about $300 and takes 45min or so.

Just for clarification: are you sure they didn't provide you with a generic "custom map" designed for any bike with similar modifications? ....one they had handy, or perhaps downloaded from Dyno or Guzzitech? This is very common, and a workable solution if a Dyno tuning center is not available.

The reason I ask is that I didn't think that there was a Dynojet certified tuning center in your immediate area. I could have sworn Jason was complaining about this some time back :huh2:

They should have provided you with a before and after Dyno run and graph, peak HP and Torque numbers, as well as the map itself on a floppy(or emailed to you). If not, and it wasn't run on a Dyno, then you unfortunately don't have a true custom map for your bike.

If not, I suspect they just installed a close "custom" map saved from past customers with similar setups, or downloaded from Guzzitech/Dyno.

And if so, that's not a bad thing BTW. A good close map downloaded from the Internet may work well. But it's always best, but more expensive of course, to get a map made just for your bike and it's own peculiarities. Since you have some unique items like your "bow wow" filters, a truly custom map may make some positive impact over the generic "custom" map you may have.

Anyway, just something to consider...

BUT, if I am mistaken and you did indeed get a true custom map from MI, we'd love to see a scan of the Dyno graph they provided, the HP/Torque figures, and Todd Egan will no doubt want to archive it at Guzzitech :thumbsup:

al