Are these Mistral cans?

RichPugh

Edited again lol... Moved back here from 24/7 V11...

So I bought a 2000 V11 sport a few years ago and the exhaust system was explained to me to be a Mistral x-pipe and Mistral mufflers but oddly enough, he put Arrow badges on the cans for some odd reason (they said off road use only on them iirc). Here are some pics of my old bike and the exhaust as best as I can find. Do they seem to be Mistrals? I just bought another V11 Sport and want the same exhaust system.

MotoGuzzi-019

MotoGuzzi-008

MotoGuzzi-005

Sorry, posting from my iphone.

http://a375.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/78/l_48810877625e85c049df7ba12347317e.jpg

http://a992.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/98/l_7fd2e07415b0e5baac9f294d5c182d0f.jpg

I asked Rich to post his question back here in Tech Topics.

I looked at the photos and couldn't say that the cans looked like Mistrals. They seem a little slender and rather low slung, but I couldn't get a good look at the end caps.

I'd say they look veeeery similar to my Mistral race cans.

A closer look at the brackets would help, but I'm fairly certain.

You can choose between high and low mount on these. I have the high mount version, and that eliminates the pest that is passengers.

Mind you, the race versions are not "road legal" whatever that means....

Hmmm, a hard one to tell but here's a link to a pair of Mistrals found on www.sd-tec.de

Mistrals

Søren

They do look quite like Mistrals to me. Here's a pic of my bike with low, round, carbon mistral cans. They seem a pretty similar shape. Don't understand why anyone would attach "arrow" nameplates though.

bike.jpg

They do look quite like Mistrals to me. Here's a pic of my bike with low, round, carbon mistral cans. They seem a pretty similar shape. Don't understand why anyone would attach "arrow" nameplates though.

Apparently the previous owner was informed by a police officer that his exhaust was illegal (off road use only) and he was very paranoid and put on Arrow badges over that stamping on the cans. Dunno for sure...

They look like these from MG Cycle...

http://www.mgcycle.com/images/atrex/mg1001.jpg

I have unlabeled Mistral cans on mine and they look a lot like that. Is there a view or stamping you want me to look for that might indicate they are the same? All I have is the receipt from the PO, and the fact they are LOUD (oh, and the stock cans in a box).

Threadjack - I just picked up a set of prot-tek clip-ons, and I see you have a set of aftermarket as well. I have the same fairing (not painted); did you run into any fitment issues? Did you have to alter the fairing?

Apparently the previous owner was informed by a police officer that his exhaust was illegal (off road use only) and he was very paranoid and put on Arrow baffled over that stamping on the cans. Dunno for sure...

They look like these from MG Cycle...

http://www.mgcycle.com/images/atrex/mg1001.jpg

My wifes look like that, but they have little plates where you would expect a brand name that say "For Off Road Use Only". We bought them from the dealer when the bike was purchased new and they were supposed to be the factory mufflers (presumably made for Guzzi by Mistral).

Ah; mine do not have the plates there, but the finish is just a little off. I noticed it when I bought the bike - the PO must have removed them and then tried to make that area match the rest of the can. He did a good job; it's pretty close!

My wifes look like that, but they have little plates where you would expect a brand name that say "For Off Road Use Only". We bought them from the dealer when the bike was purchased new and they were supposed to be the factory mufflers (presumably made for Guzzi by Mistral).

I don't recall any Arrow canisters for the V11, but the badge would have been a nice clean solution for the "FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY" plates riveted to the upgrade mufflers. Marketed as "competition only" it was quite a surprise to take delivery of these parts with that horrible plate attached!

After a close look at the photos, I agree that these are likely the "competition " pieces sold by Moto Guzzi, apparently made by Mistral.

Unusual tail piece and instrument mounting for a 2000 . . .

My bike has the carbon fiber version.

The PO told me they were Mistrals and they came with the For Off Road Use Only label which he said they had to have for importing to Canada.

I was at the Guzzi dealer in Chilliwack, Gord took one glance at the bike and said follow me.

He took me into the workshop and produced a pair of nice labels which he had asked someone to make

They say Moto Guzzi V11 Sport :grin:

Isn't it strange that Mistral don't stamp their name on their product?