cripes... down in the rain.

Guest gooddog

Guest gooddog

well it had to happen sooner or later. went down half mile from home in the seattle rain this afternoon. took the lemans out for a spin today got about 30 miles from home when it just started to pour. made it all the way back to town and was just a stones throw from home. i had just turned on to a two laned one way, and pulled out into the right lane where it was clear and open. hit the throttle when a van pulled out in front of me. squeezed the brakes and the front tire went out from under me...blammo!! straight down on the left side. i was only going 25 to 30, luckily. the areostich doesn't have a scrape on it but now my sweet goose is damaged. nothing a little scrounging won't help. smashed the left turn signal and bent the foot peg, broke the fin guard in half (no damage to the cylinder head though). scraped up the left muffle (been looking for a reason to upgrade from stock.), and scraped the side of the fairing. i definitely need the turn signal and left side foot peg tomorrow! it will probably be sunny tomorrw and like hell if i'm not going to try to ride.

i know that someone on this board has used buell parts will replace turn signals. anyone ever replaced the foot pegs with something else? does anyone know the part numbers for buell signals? the positive part about the experience is that the van stopped, and the driver and passengers stuck around in the rain as i called a cop to fill out a report. unfortunatly, the copsaid he would have to cite me for speeding in poor conditions if i wanted to repot the incident. nuts i tell ya, oh well.

ray

Guest northend

I believe sombody said that Ducati pegs work.

Sorry to hear of your run in with the concrete :(

Look at it this way, Ya got that first scratch out of the way :huh:

Best of luck :thumbsup: .............Jeff H.

Sorry to hear about that Ray.... odd that the LEO said he would have to cite you just to write the report, not that it really matters I guess :huh2:

As far as the Buell parts. I don't know the part number, but if it's just the lens that's broken, any of the lenses from the late-model Buells will fit. If the whole stalk is broken, I'm not sure. Carl Allison may know.

Carl also fitted a Ducati peg after his accident. I'm sure he can give you the part number, and the procedure for making it fit.

al

Sorry to hear of it and glad you're OK. There just is no substitute for good riding gear! When I laid down the Sport the nice patrolman wrote me a "failure to maintain control" which the judge, later, felt was unnecessary ( justice, thank you).

I remember that Ducati monster S4 footpegs are a fit ( rubber though). And the Buell parts are not a diract replacement but will work. I think Carl has more on that . . . .

docc, The Tarmac Rub-Club :bier:

Sorry to hear of your incident. At least you're not injured. Good luck finding parts on a Sunday though. The relevant part numbers we're part of this thread.

Somewhere on v11lemans.com

To be honest, I've never looked closely at the turn signals on a V11 LeMans and how they mount. Are they the same as the V11 Sport? There are two differenct Buell turn signal assemblies that have the same form factor as the V11. They have different size threaded portions though, and you need to use the small one on MGs, Buell part # Y0504.02A8 TURN SIGNAL, RH/FRONT, LH/REAR. I don't have the part number for the alternate corner since the shop sold me four of the same. The only difference is the moisture relief hole anyway. The Buell part uses the threaded part with a nut. On the Guzzi, that part is just where the wire goes through and a separate screw secures the stalk. The Buell part number I've listed does fit through the hole without any drilling or anything, and is secured with a lock washer and nut on the other side. I don't know what's inside of where the turn signal mounts on the LeMans, so if you choose that route, let us all know how it's done.

The Ducati footpeg will slip right in without the spring. If you want the spring, plan on spending some time with a file changing the angle of the slot on the peg to match that of the Guzzi. I haven't done it yet, it may be easier to have someone mill it. Also, when I did start filing, my Ducati footpeg casting showed a big hollow in it that I'm going to have to fill with JB Weld.

Guest gooddog

went to the big harley superplex today and looked at the buell replacements, seems that harley stores are just like shopping malls and open every day of the week. carl is right, the stalks are diferent at the base, but every thing else about them is right on. unfortunately most of the aftermarket flush mount marker lights are just a bit off as well. now it gives me the project of something to look for across the endless internet. let you lemans owners know if i find something.

thanks for the info.

ray