Who has Ferraci exhaust?

Janusz

I will buy a new exhaust soon. I think I like Ferraci the most. Before the final decision I would really appreciate somebody who has one to comment:

How doyou like it?

How loud it is comparing to others?

Preformance - any improvement?

Fit and finish?

Thanks a lot

Guest callithrix

Had them on my bike for 6 months.Also have their intake kit (reccomend it)

Finish is excellent.I found the fit a little loose but I have a stucchi X-over; don't know about the stock unit, definetly use some exhaust sealant when installing them.

Performance gains along with other mods;(x-over, intake kit, power commander,custom map) is minimal. The real difference isn't HP but in drivabilty and powerband. I'm no expert but I don't think any aftermarket pipe is really that much more powerful than the other. What really counts is set up and how the various parts complement each other.So if you like the looks buy em.

Now in regards to loudness they are loud! I don't find them obnoxiuos but if you live in quiet nieghborhood you may get some disapproving glares. At idle they are quiet but whack the throttle and you'll get some decibels. It's deep, throaty and growls, I love it. :D I get complimented on them often.

When I got the bike mapped at Hare Racing the owner and the tech both commented on the sound and decibels. Al had had been there earlier that week and they both noted that my bike was considerably louder. So take that into consideration. Hope I helped, good luck.

You did help a lot, callithrix, thank you. I am buying these pipes 99% sure.

LOUD! That's what I was hoping for. I do not live in subdivision so neighbours are not a consideration and I like loud bike a lot.

I do have Stucci X-over and open box. I would be SO GRATEFUL if you send me your map you had done for it. Could you please :mg::mg: ?

my e-mail : girodevistula@shaw.ca

Did I understand correctly - you do not have these anymore? Why?

Guest callithrix

I'm not quite sure what you mean about not having "them" anymore. I'll post the map I have to find it. You might also check GuzziTech Todd Eagan tweaked it for me and should have it posted on his website.

...holy sh#t, Hare thought your cans were considerably LOUDER than my Leo's?! :o

Good lordee, can you still hear? :lol:

I thought the darned dyno doors were going to blow off when they were running my bike, and I laughed about how darned loud the thing was at 7k RPM... almost embarrassed :P

Wow, the FBFs must be very loud ^_^ I can't imagine :rolleyes:

al

I tried a few times but was unable to get it from Guzzitech. Everything seems fine until the computer starts connecting me to AOL ... anyway I was not succesful.

Could you send it to Jap?

Does anyone have the FBF Crossover?

I am considering it, but would like to know if anyone has experienced cracked weld with it, as it does not look as robust as the competition.

Although the alleged power output looks excellent.

There was a discussion on either Wildguzzi or MGCL regarding FBF cross-overs cracking, but I'm not certain if it was the cross-overs for the cruisers and/or for the V11 Sport models :huh2:

I know that doesn't help much :rolleyes: ...but you might post the same question there to see if anyone has any experience.

I do know that the cross-over for the cruisers, which is more of an "H" pipe design, does seem to have an awful lot of welds, which isn't reassuring :unsure:

al

Yo Dlaing,

Since you are considering differant exhaust options,does that mean you are not satisfied with the Ghezzi Brian exhaust, or just looking at options. <_<

I'm stil vacillating(sp?) as to exhaust choices. :blink:

What is your long term evaluation of the exhaust :nerd:

J.R.

What is your long term evaluation of the exhaust :nerd:

J.R.

I traded it for a pair of Mistral Carbon Fiber Mufflers.

I really miss the Quat-D Muffler. I am not sure if it was the right decision, but I wanted more peak horse power.

My Quat-D cracked at the pipe welds, so I had it welded and reinforced for its current owner.

Then I discovered my stock crossover is cracking!

So, I just can't win.

I now have a little more peak HP, but I lost alot of mid-range, so now I NEED the Stucchi or the FBF crossover.

I am pretty sure the stories of the FBFs cracking was on the cruiser series.

I guess the way our bike vibrate, anything can crack.

The Mistral crossovers were known to crack.

My dream muffler is something like the Quat-D but with performance like the Stucchi/Mistral combo.

A 2 int 2 outlet, instead of a 2 into 1 outlet.

Something like Paul Minnaert's http://home.iae.nl/users/minnaert/guzzi/v12/spa4.jpg

If I had more money, I would hunt down the right person and say, here is $2000, make it like this!

Guest gooddog

Is any one using galasetti mufflers? ive checked out most of the sites on al's exhaust thread and im hooked on that high can sttyle. i dont speak italian at all so the site is confusing as to any stateside dealers, as well as any info on pricing.

• 3 months later...

So after I installed my Ferraci pipes and the remap (thanks Callitrix) it was just today I had a chance to finally ride.

First of all these pipes are TOTALLY empty (hollow) inside! You can see a daylight while looking through. No wonder these are the loudest I've ever saw.

And the sound is unreal; very low frequency. They look really nicely on black'n'red bike especially since they are so much smaller and less obtrusive. The original pipes overpower the bike with their huge size.

The quality of finish at least two grades higher then Mistrals. Excellent fit - no trouble to install and additional nice surprise; the original cans' asymetry gone completely. In a word they look more factory then OME.

I weighted both. OME 9 1/4 lbs (one can) Ferraci 4 5/8 lbs. Exactly half weight.

So after I installed my Ferraci pipes and the remap (thanks Callitrix) it was just today I had a chance to finally ride.

First of all these pipes are TOTALLY empty (hollow) inside! You can see a daylight while looking through. No wonder these are the loudest I've ever saw.

And the sound is unreal; very low frequency. They look really nicely on black'n'red bike especially since they are so much smaller and less obtrusive. The original pipes overpower the bike with their huge size.

The quality of finish at least two grades higher then Mistrals. Excellent fit - no trouble to install and additional nice surprise; the original cans' asymetry gone completely. In a word they look more factory then OME.

I weighted both. OME 9 1/4 lbs (one can) Ferraci 4 5/8 lbs. Exactly half weight.

Everything you said.

So fine ... especially on that red and black. :food:

Intoxicating.