Metzler Tyres

cash1000

Has any one tried the new Metzler Z8 interact tyres? Metzler's website only recommends the Z6. Would they be any different than the Z6 on a V11 RM?

My RM has a 170/60 Z6 on back. Metzler recommend the 180/55. What do you think change in size would do to handling/steering?

I haven't used the Metzelers but as far as I know the RM has the smaller rear rim & should use a 170 or 160 not a 180. A wider tyre will slow down turn in & make front/rear turn rate less consistent in feel.

KB :sun:

I haven't used the Metzelers but as far as I know the RM has the smaller rear rim & should use a 170 or 160 not a 180. A wider tyre will slow down turn in & make front/rear turn rate less consistent in feel.

KB :sun:

Has any one tried the new Metzler Z8 interact tyres? Metzler's website only recommends the Z6. Would they be any different than the Z6 on a V11 RM?

My RM has a 170/60 Z6 on back. Metzler recommend the 180/55. What do you think change in size would do to handling/steering?

Consensus is that the 170 profile is a better choice for the late model V11s with the wider rear wheel & 160 is the superior handler on the early V11s w/ the narrower rim. Metzler's reco here is due to:

Thinking all V11s are the same.

Going w/ Guzzi's final stock fitment of a 180/55 tire [which was a marketing choice, not engineering.]

That said, it is going to be much easier finding 180/55s going forward; 170 profile tires seem to be becoming a red-headed step child of tire sizes, w/ availability of 180 or 160 sizes being more common. <_>

My Breva was fitted with Metzelers front and rear from the factory.

I can just say that they have been brilliant, quite possibly the best tyres

I have ever had.

I would never have thought of buying them, usually thinking Michelin or Pirelli.

But they are seriously good!

If your Guzzi has a 4.5" rear rim (I think it does) I would go with (and have gone with) a 160. It fits better on the 4.5" rim with less mushrooming of the profile and usually weighs less which is a good thing.

Some tire makers post specs on the innerneck saying which tires fit best on which size rims. Sometimes you need to dig a little to find it. I encourage you to use that as a guide.

(Dennis Kirk is good about posting that info)

Just my two cents.