Loose Goose Vamoose

ScuRoo

Don't worry, I agree with what you're saying but for these reasons:

I'm giving numbnut's the opportunity to pay for his ignorance and error, if I take it away that is even more unlikely to happen.

Also not keen on incurring more bills in paying for transportation in order to move it somewhere else.

I've already booked it in with Baldrick at Colliers Wood on 11 Nov (he's fully booked up until then) for a complete check over.

As it is unrideable at moment, if numbnut's "fixes" it I'm only going to quietly ride it home and then onto drop it off with Baldrick. I won't ride it with vigour or more than the 25 miles necessary to get it to Baldrick until he has cleared it as 100% perfect.

Moscowphil said I hope it has'nt put me off my bike. Nah! Not at all - I just accept it as part of the learning curve and peculiar joys guzzi ownership brings!

Besides, I might be buying a proper "old" guzzi in two weeks time, so look's like it has done quite the opposite!

Let me assure you, once I've got it to Baldrick I will never darken numbnut's doorstep again. The only thing guzzi about numbnut's is the little guzzi sign sitting alongside his big Aprilia sign - say's it all really...

Picked up bike today. After we had a 'discussion' xdealer said he would'nt charge for installation labour but only the parts.

Kept the old side plate momento as it shows where stub was threaded in about a third of the way.

That's it then. I left dealer a wiser man.

Both learnt valuable lessons. :luigi: