Daytona RS V's Centuro specs?

dangerous

Ok so had my eye on a scruffy Centuro, I know ugly as but I like em.

Now it will need some tidying and while its apart Id like to bring it up to RS Daytona specs 90-102Hp. Cos, its gota have more snot than my V11.

Now I remember something about the cams Centuro with the A kit, RS with the C kit? whats a B kit?

Other than that can I asume the ECU differes aswell, anything else?

Ok so had my eye on a scruffy Centuro, I know ugly as but I like em.

Now it will need some tidying and while its apart Id like to bring it up to RS Daytona specs 90-102Hp. Cos, its gota have more snot than my V11.

Now I remember something about the cams Centuro with the A kit, RS with the C kit? whats a B kit?

Other than that can I asume the ECU differes aswell, anything else?

'C' kit incuded a variety of non-ordinary bits, most important though are the cams and the (Still crappy.) ECU mapping. If you relly want to work 'magic' Cliff's MY15/16M controller is the way to go BUT IMHO a stock srtandard Cent is the best of all worlds as far as the 'Old' Hi-Cam motor goes. The 'A' kit is great for the road. If you want 'More'? Get a 1200 Griso. Cheaper than fucking about trying to 'Hot-Up' a Cent. More reliable and easier to work on too.

Pete

If you want 'More'? Get a 1200 Griso. Cheaper than fucking about trying to 'Hot-Up' a Cent. More reliable and easier to work on too.

Pete

yeah but, Id love a Griso SE farking awesome... but alas the centuro is 1/4 the price.

yeah but, Id love a Griso SE farking awesome... but alas the centuro is 1/4 the price.

I had two SE's in last week, didn't get pics unfortunately. By all means buy the Cent, they are great fun, just don't bother with trying to 'Hot it up'. They have plenty of mumbo in stock trim. When I get around to buying an 'Old' Hi-Cam it'll have to be a Cent. DAytonas are lovely to look at but I've never been a 'Clip-ons and Rearsets' sort of guy. A good Cent will put out high eighties/low nineties RWHP, my 8VG makes 104 at the rear wheel.

Pete

2 SEs! Are ther a lot of them about?

What do you think of them? You've said before that the motor/camming/ECU(?) is improved, or at least modified.

What about those wire wheels – nice touch... or just heavier?

Anything else of note?

Re Centauro - V11 - Griso motors

I haven't been reading other Forums much, but when I looked the other day, there are a few threads on the go (including a quite horrendous one on the GB Club Forum) roughly on the subject of 'why aren't new bikes any faster than the old ones?'.

Interesting.

I suppose that as a generalisation, handling has improved and strangulation has tightened.

2 SEs! Are ther a lot of them about?

What do you think of them? You've said before that the motor/camming/ECU(?) is improved, or at least modified.

What about those wire wheels – nice touch... or just heavier?

Anything else of note?

Re Centauro - V11 - Griso motors

I haven't been reading other Forums much, but when I looked the other day, there are a few threads on the go (including a quite horrendous one on the GB Club Forum) roughly on the subject of 'why aren't new bikes any faster than the old ones?'.

Interesting.

I suppose that as a generalisation, handling has improved and strangulation has tightened.

To answer the questions in order. No there aren't a 'Lot' of them about but I think we got several crate loads, (Three to a crate I belive.) I just happened to have two owners who were on their way back from the GP drop in on the same day. Had another one in the day after!!!

As for the motor and mapping? Nope, it seems it is still the A5 motor with the same cams and the same GRS8V01 map in 'em ex-factory. They do seem to run better out of the box but perhaps that is just that they have got a bit more experience of setting 'em up at the factory now. Throwing the #68 map in them still improves them a lot.

Dunno about the weight of the wheels, the three spoke Brembo/Marchessini wheels are quite light, I would think the spokes are close or maybe a fraction lighter but using individual spoke o-rings is an idea that leaves me cold. I'm happy enough with the cast wheels on mine.

As for the 'Why aren't they faster' issue? Well, they are a LOT more powerfull, they'll get up to top speed a damn sight quicker than the old ones, even a well set up V11 will loose out in a drag race. It's more to do with gearing than anything else. I've had my G8 hit the rev limiter in top, it took a while and I had to really tuck in but it got there! That's 247kph from memory. Not many previous Guzzis would get there and none of 'em in 'Stock' form which mine basically is. The whole thing is immaterial anyway. Nobody rgularly does that speed on the road. If you really want something faster why not just go out and by an RSV-4 or an R1??? Most of that sort of queerying and criyticism comes from dyed-in-the-wool corn cob pipists who think that all development should have stopped with Watt's first steam engine!

Pete