v11 recall

scre103

now you've heard it in the rosso recall post.

i talked to my source today and learned my vin # is included in the v11 recall, not just exclusive to the rosso mandello. if your bike / vin # is included in the recall you will be notified by mail.i have not been notified yet so i called my dealer and gave him my vin and he told me i was on the list. the problem is the sliding sleeve in the trans and guzzi has the fix listed as 8 hrs. my dealer said its more like 14 hrs. also a future recall is the rods and rod bolts, as he learned when he was at the big guzzi pow wow a few weeks ago! dealers do not have the parts yet. this sounds like something that can get fixed over the winter months---- i hope ---- good luck.

.... eeeeeeeeeenteresting. Do you have a Service Bulletin # or Recall # to reference so I can call Moto Italiano with that? It would make it much easier for them to cross-reference to check my bike's status.

If there is a connectiing rod issue, maybe I will just go for the Carillo rods and see if they'll credit me something... :unsure:

Thanks <_>

al

I hate to jump in on Al but he could probably spare a few posts to us lowlies: :notworthy:

Carillo makes connecting rods as in connecting the crank to the pistons. There was an inference to a couple 'crank bolts' being recalled. Does that mean the rod cap bolts?

Makes me wanna say O-m'gosh! What's my redline? 4800rpm? :o