stands

rossi46

Hi After 2 near misses with an ABBA stand- luckily no damage- I've got ZERO confidence in it! I am thinking maybe the MG or

http://www.becker-technik.de/Central-Lifter/Central-Lifterenglisch/body_central-lifterenglisch.html

any thoughts? thanks

They look like a great idea, I think the use of 2 sockets for the mounting would work really well.

For winter storage I would tie it back to the frame to prevent accidental unloading.

Roy

Hi After 2 near misses with an ABBA stand- luckily no damage- I've got ZERO confidence in it! I am thinking maybe the MG or

http://www.becker-technik.de/Central-Lifter/Central-Lifterenglisch/body_central-lifterenglisch.html

any thoughts? thanks

Hi

the Becker stand although quite clever does not look like it has any leverage points to help you get it onto the stand. I have fitted a centre stand to my V11, but before I fitted Hepco and Becker luggage to it and gained a few rails as grab points, it was nearly impossible to use. There are no really solid grab points von the rear of a V11, they are all shrouded by brittle plastic. It is very difficult to use now as the balance points which are in the same pivot area as the Becker stand are too far back so you are effectively trying to lift 100 kilos onto the stand.

The Guzzi stand is better as it comes with a long lever which makes flicking it onto the stand far easier, definitely a one man job. Last time I bought one was in 2001 and it was £60. If you know a friendly welder it would be easy to reproduce.I'm not sure you could buy one now that the bike has been out of production for 4+ years.

It comes with a bar to but under the front of the sump to put the front wheel up too.

Good luck

Guzz

I use a Micron paddock stand to lift the rear wheel off the ground. All I had to do to make it fit was to pull the uprights a bit further appart.

003.jpg

If you want to to take the shock and swing arm out then you may want to look at something like this

gallery_6262_39_38271.jpgwhich you could use on the bar inbetween the pork chops.

I have the Becker stand. It basically works, but I had to remove the wheels to get it working. Otherwise it just keeps sliding with the bike as you try to lift. Not totally effortless, but it will work provided that you push the bike backwards as you stand on the lever. Also, they are a bit fiddly to place/remove. Quite heavy (read German-solid) too.

The becker lift/stand is the most easy to use stand I know for the V11. The trick is, as with Nortons, don't use brute force. The wheels make the thing even easier to work with. Just put your weight on the far end of the stand - as with every motorcycle stand since they were invented.

becker2.jpg

hubert

If you want to to take the shock and swing arm out then you may want to look at something like this

gallery_6262_39_38271.jpgwhich you could use on the bar inbetween the pork chops.

I built a rack out of 1 1/2"x1/4" strap steel that does much the same thing as this BikeTek stand. I use it with one of those large floor jacks with a 2'x 2' pad which raises up. Very stable. I would have bought this BikeTek if I would have known about it. The only misgiving I might have with it is the overall stability, due to lack of size of it's base. It is a very neat arrangement for working on the Guzzi, front or rear. I do prefer the rear swingarm lift for oil changes, nothing in the way of the intended work area.

I just checked on eBay, the BikeTek lift is available for about $130 incl shipping. I imagine I would bolt the lift to a piece of stout plywood for steadiness, hate to have the bike roll forward or back while in the air. The ad states that the yokes are adjustable for width and heighth. Good for up to 13" width, the Guzzi is about 12 3/4" between, so it might just fit.

The becker lift/stand is the most easy to use stand I know for the V11. The trick is, as with Nortons, don't use brute force. The wheels make the thing even easier to work with. Just put your weight on the far end of the stand - as with every motorcycle stand since they were invented.

hubert

I guess I don't weigh enough... :huh2:

hubert

I guess I don't weigh enough... :huh2:

You skinny Westphalians! Come to America - we will fatten you up and your stand will work better (while your suspension may not)!:drink:

• 4 months later...