850 Le Mans I

Dimitris

Congratulations Dimitris!!! They're lovely old bikes & still hold there own easily on the road in most company. That looks a pretty original one & well preserved, guess Greek climate is pretty kind to machinery. PR pipes look well & sound great no doubt! :thumbsup:

KB :sun:

The sound of the pipes/mufflers combination is AWESOME! But I can't stop thinking of these beautiful black (with red in the end inside) Competizione Lanfranconis...

I bought it from Germany, that's why the look and shape is in EXCELLENT CONDITION Hahahahahahah!

I altered the alternator cover with the original one (not black). I also altered the Horns witht the original ones (even though they are not louder). I prefer to be as close as it can be, to the 100% authenticity/originality.

I noticed as I was servicing the bike that the German guy had installed the Dyna electronic system (pic)

DSC_6606.jpg

I suppose it will be better this way..

The sound of the pipes/mufflers combination is AWESOME! But I can't stop thinking of these beautiful black (with red in the end inside) Competizione Lanfranconis...

I had a Crossbow absorbtion type "silencers" - very similar design to yours - now have Lafranconi s/s copies (Keihan). Those short pipes sound great, but noise can get a bit wearing, even with ear plugs - Lanfranconis are quieter.

The later black plastic alt covers w/spacer help vent alternator. I fried a couple alternators & I think the front balance pipe may be partly to blame sat right there in front of it. That pipe's forever cracking at welds too. I run 2 seperate headers.

I dunno re the Dyna. I kept original points which are very reliable, last for ages & I understand! Does it have original coils, alternator, regulator, rectifier?

LM1's are going for a lot of money recently, but they doubtless will hold their value.

That does look a nice one - like Jaap, I like the Blue ones - Red are common as muck!

You will not regret!

KB :sun:

Congratulations with your "new" bike, Dimitris! ;-)

The LM 1 is a true classic and they are a rare breed. More difficult to find a 10 year old virgin than a genuine LM 1! :rolleyes: Well, at least here in Denmark, nudge, nudge... :grin:

There's a bloke here in snowy Denmark who still has the first LM1 ever imported here. It has + 300.000 kms on the metre but it's just pure patina. Still a stunning good looking bike and a true keeper.

Good luck and keep the wheels on the tarmac, matey.

Best regards

Søren

Congrat's on your new bike Dimitris. That's a beauty! I'd love to own one of those someday. Either color will do but that rare ice blue is really sharp.

Here's a nice blue one that's fairly close to me but with 114 original miles it's a little out of my price range :rolleyes:

209237_1261927814_17.jpg

http://www.f40.com/inventorymanager.php?action=view&Id=209237

The spacer is already installed so I guess I will face no problem with the non-plastic alternator cover. The coils are original, as far as the regulator, rectifier and alternator, I suppose they are original. I did an inspection during the first -in my hands- service, but I didn't notice if the above are the originals. To tell the truth I could not tell since I am not aware of how the original ones look. But I am reading the manuals and every LMI book related, so in time I will have the knowledge..

Truly in LOVE with this machine!

As far as old bikes, I also like the 1000 SP a lot!!

Cheers

Dimitris

Bike of my dreams, it's picture was on my bedroom wall throughout my teens. I have a V11 because it is the closest I can get to the original Le Mans whilst kids, mortgage, high maintenance wife etc demand all my spare cash. One day I will have one . . . whoever is current custodian of my future bike please take care of it !!

Excellent video!

Quite enjoyable, especially now during this bl*** snow attack we have here...

I assume that a license plate is an option in Greece or what? :P:whistle::whistle:

Good luck with your bike, Dimitris. She's a belter!

Søren

Icy Blue will remain!

License plates have already been mounted! They are mandatory! That day I only had the papers with me, 2 days later the plates arrived :ninja: