Still here. :rolleyes: If/when you get back out,give me a shout,the first rounds are on me. :drink:

It's a nice enough place and the locals are great but christ is it boring.

There's a Guzzi importer set up now,so I went up and had a look.The "salesman" didnt know there was a Griso there,along with a couple of Aprilias,but they're really just interested in the Vespas as far as I can see and have to take the whole package from Piaggio,that's the impression I got.

The Griso's nice enough,but it's an ugly sod compared with the V11.Dunno if I'd buy one.

Definitely not as lively as before. It is the only Guzzi forum I frequent but admit not signing on as often as in years past.

The button pushers and those who reacted to getting their buttons pushed have pretty much gone away so there is not as much entertainment now.

Still here. :rolleyes: If/when you get back out,give me a shout,the first rounds are on me. :drink:

It's a nice enough place and the locals are great but christ is it boring.

There's a Guzzi importer set up now,so I went up and had a look.The "salesman" didnt know there was a Griso there,along with a couple of Aprilias,but they're really just interested in the Vespas as far as I can see and have to take the whole package from Piaggio,that's the impression I got.

The Griso's nice enough,but it's an ugly sod compared with the V11.Dunno if I'd buy one.

The place has definitley grown up in the last 10 years or so I've been going there! I'll have to find that importer next trip out. I like the Griso, but can't for the life of me decide what I will buy if I ever spring for a brand new bike. If a Griso SE hits stateside, the decision will be made. 'Till then, though, I can come up with a good reason to buy just about anything out there right now. Don't need a sport tour; the V11 fills that niche, as well as a few others. I have my DR650, so that's covered. The R90/6 I'm putting together is filling the vintage spot right now. I guess the Griso could pass as more of a tour bike? I really like the XR1200 as well, and I could hook my trailer to it... Then there's Multistradas, Stelvios, and that cool GS800 to consider.

Heres a couple shots in the spirit of being different and reinventing the wheel. It portrays how the front end feels in those nightmares whilst riding in your pajamas. Vespas are good too, it just takes a lot of mood enhancing substances to accept it (or ride one). Final shot is tribute to the craftsmanship that has put all of us onto this motorcycle. Thanks to this forum for all the mechanical help and entertainment. Happy New Year to every one of you. :bier:

Soggy front end.jpgvespa split screen.jpgGuzzi-500-C4v11924.jpg

I am no new member, but neither an old one.

I am not a forum flooder either :D

I post occasionally but still like that it is an international forum,

many ppl write, so greater the chance to read good advice and info.

Nice to be among ppl who love V11 and MG. :mg:

Why's it gone so quiet round here?

Has the format just got stale?

I've suggested, more than once I'm sure, that a poetry section on here may be the only way out of this impasse.

But nobody listens to me.

If You Give a Mouse a Motorcycle

If you give a mouse a motorcycle,

don't be too surprised

if he starts behaving strangely

once he knows he's motorized.

He may act a bit bizarrely.

He may dress a little weird.

He might buy a leather jacket

and then grow a honkin' beard.

When he straps a helmet on his head

and boots upon his feet,

then you'll see him pop a wheelie

and go racing down the street.

Pretty soon he'll find he's fond

of doing motorcycle tricks.

He'll be jumping over cars and trucks

and buses just for kicks.

He'll start working at the circus

where he'll take away your breath

as he rides with other rodents

in the flaming cage of death.

When he accidentally crashes

he'll have no more fun and games;

just the screech of twisting metal

as his bike explodes in flames.

And without his motorcycle

he'll be fired from his job.

He'll become depressed and lonely

and a sad and smelly slob.

And the only way to save him

from this misery and pain

is to buy another motorbike

so he can start again.

So remember this advice:

Don't even trust him with your keys.

If you need to give a mouse a gift,

it's best to stick with cheese.

--Kenn Nesbitt

KB

:oldgit:

I sympathise.

Bet your eyesight isn't what it used to be, either.

Nad O'lig

Ah, here we go.

A simple solution for your problemo

s_29_b.jpg

Whew! Good to know

There are so many things about which some old man ought to tell one while one is little; for when one is grown one would know them as a matter of course.

RM Rilke

Should be a sub-strapline for V11.the_ride_starts_here.com

- I like to hear how someone the other side of the world sees things, how life is where they are, what the country looks like, the roads, the weather, the people, whatever... & the way people of clearly differing views managed to get on...or perhaps ultimately they don't?

Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.

Yes, Rilke again.

Distantly, yet happily closely yours,

Nad O'lag

I always liked this forum cos of the widespread experiences that it encompassed - an interesting, disparate group of characters - I like to hear how someone the other side of the world sees things, how life is where they are, what the country looks like, the roads, the weather, the people, whatever...

doing my bit >> http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16394&view=findpost&p=176115