Another spot the difference

A quiz point to Guzzirider (again) for the V11-type suspension difference.

It made me think, why didn't Guzzi do something a bit different, a bit progressive with their Café copy?

It's such a close copy otherwise, that it's hard to think that the famous Part-Zagato badged Guzzi wasn't a major influence on the 'new' styling.

What the styling has left out is the innovation, quirkiness, individuality, even oddness that a nice Café can-does-should have.

Instead, it's got big number plates.

Well of course, in terms of marketing and of manufacturing cheapness, the answers to my question are obvious and predictable.

It's a pity though, that Guzzi didn't go that little bit further, by actually doing something special with their 'special'.

I like the new Nortons & to some extent the recent retro Ducatis have something about them - updating an older style but fresh - that V7 Racer just looks like something that fell out of a Christmas cracker...

Do you know that Tonti cafe racer Guy? Interesting extra bracing tube behind carb look like it runs to top of gbox? any other photos?

KB :sun:

Do you know that Tonti cafe racer Guy? Interesting extra bracing tube behind carb look like it runs to top of gbox? any other photos?

Plenty of photos. When I was looking for it, I just searched under Davida to find it.

Try Davida Guzzi; Zagato Guzzi... and follow around, or go to the source. There's various stuff related to Ben Part.

zanzaniguzzi.jpg

It is sad that they missed the mark by so far.

As stated above, Norton pretty much got the retro-sport thing right.

So did Triumph and Ducati.

Moto Guzzi put all the wrong parts together.

Ducati_Paul_Smart_RHS_rear.jpg

thumbnailCAE68W0W.jpg