Spot on, Jaap. Won't make the big headlines but will probably be a joy to watch for us the chosen few. Can't wait till WSB/SBK/BSB season kicks off! Best entertainment to watch on the telly; far better than all, the reality sh*** Danish TV provides nowadays.

ESPN Classic TV runs some of the old WSB races occasionally and yesterday they showed the WSB Monza race from the late Nineties where you had all the action one can ever dream of. Slight, Foggy, Corser, Chili and Edwards went from the gun and gave each other a close race to the checkered flag. Chili pipped victory 0.007 secs from Slight with Fogarty and Corser trailing ½ a second away! What a race! I can only recommend watching these races; puts a smirked grin on your face from ear to ear :bike:

Race on!

Søren

Do you remember this one? Last race of the season, Edwards didn't need to win this race, only had to finish second to Bayliss to take the title...but Bayliss needed him back in third...

Thanks, Keith :notworthy: That's racing in a nutshell. Noticed Neil Hodgson in the start up line, he was ace at that time. Something about he started racing in the US Superbike Series or what? Haven't seen him for many years on European race tracks.

Cheers

Søren

And for those who reckon MotoGP is dull...

Nope, It isn't. Wish I had a 10th of their racing skills; would make me king of the pub :whistle:

ESPN Classic TV runs some of the old WSB races occasionally and yesterday they showed the WSB Monza race from the late Nineties where you had all the action one can ever dream of.

WSB 2000 Hockenheimring

wow! :o

I just granted myself a 46mins lunch break thanks to you, Orson :grin: Boy, I miss Pierfrancesco Chili! Balls of steel he had/still has. And Mr. Bayliss, of course! Have seen him numerous times on the European race tracks. He's so consistent; hardly ever crashed, taking his Ducati to the limit. A true racing hero in my little world.

Thanx!

Søren