Dunno, but I like the blue one. Uh, I am up to 32 tries on the pancake toss... k

thats strange, in my young years the only Puch Cobra there was, was a heavy one, not such a tiny frame. Also 4 speed engine, later with watercooling.

here a real nice pic of the Porsche degined bike.

Puch Cobra GT 50-6 liquid cooled Copyright B. Egger 2009 :: eu-moto images - All rights reserved 6571

pic07.jpg

Sorry - I don't know the actual year - it is a project bike! I recognize the bike you have pictured -I think it is a late 80's bike and this one is after that but I really don't know for sure.

Right now I am going to concentrate on the 1972 PUCH 125 MC that I found and am restoring! Pictures only if somone is interested ....

Ahh, those Puch days :rolleyes:

I had a red Puch VZ50:

schroeders-puch-vz50-roed.jpg

Søren

My neighbor had a moped of some sort (no idea what kind). Hell to start, slow to run. But I'd still jog the mile (1.5 km) to their house for any chance to ride it.

My first bike was a Yamaha GT80. This is a pretty good approximation- including the bad hair, bad clothes and sandles- but it isn't me:

bikepics-277645-full.jpg

My first bike was a Yamaha GT80. [/img]

My first bike was a Yamaha 80. It wasn't a GT. It looked much more like the red bike that Soren posted. And... it had leg shields! :food: I used to whip a Honda CD175 downhill and round corners, but when the hill went upwards, he was gone. :grin:

Your GT80 looks like a shrunken version of my XL250 silver-tank.

Picture 20.png

Yam 80

Advert, comparing it to a Shelby Cobra!

There are some nice little bikes for sale on here:

http://pembrokeshireclassics.com/shop/products_new.php?page=6&osCsid=af4e63d79fb13b125a0fbc4aef15fc82

Not referring to this, Yam 80 (£395)

IMG_2052.JPG

but have a look at the others. And there's this:

bikes%20773.jpg

Is that a wingwheel?

Yes, the GT is like a miniaturized 250 (or 125). However, it was a good bike to learn on as it had an incredible low COG and took abuse like no other bike I've had. Well, the Honda 175 I owned did pretty well- I used to drive it down the river....not deep enough to suck water into the carb, but just up to it. ah, good times.