I am riding THIS actually,

photo15.jpg

I bought it the DAY before it snowed and only have about 50mi on it so far and already an extra $1k into the damn thing, I have problems. I have always had that urge to own a duc, now that the urge has been fulfilled I don't think I'll ever need another Ducati what a effin money pit they are. Going to meet the Manic salamander guy in person tomorrow at Bob's Java in uptown(Mpls) and he's going to fit some throttle lock weights on it for me, he is bringing the regular and pounders just to see which fit and look best.

I miss my RSVR like nothing else, too bad I'll probably get a KTM before I get back to aprilia, oh I will be back though, such a solid built machine and felt like it was made with my body type in mind. I rode it to the UP MI from MPLS which was just over 7 hours each way, 850mi in 2 days non stop but for fuel. I worry I couldn't go half that far on this Duc.

I got a new helmet too, so far love it, granted not many miles on it yet.

N43AIR_10_36_600_.jpg

I was going to ask if you liked riding the Duck but I guess the jury is still out. I would like to have that exact bike myself..if if was reasonably comfortable. We all know what the service costs are on the things if you hire it done, they should give you a bottle of wine and some ky jelly before they hand you the bill! lol

I was going to ask if you liked riding the Duck but I guess the jury is still out. I would like to have that exact bike myself..if if was reasonably comfortable. We all know what the service costs are on the things if you hire it done, they should give you a bottle of wine and some ky jelly before they hand you the bill! lol

I'll let you know as soon as I get the starter wires and battery upgraded to an odyssey so it doesn't almost leave me stranded down the road at the gas station after I fuel up. headbang.gif

I moved my extreme thread jacking elsewhere.

I'll let you know as soon as I get the starter wires and battery upgraded to an odyssey so it doesn't almost leave me stranded down the road at the gas station after I fuel up. headbang.gif

Shoot, I forgot about that. For a while there you had me searching around for a used one as well!

Shoot, I forgot about that. For a while there you had me searching around for a used one as well!

the maint costs on the ST2 are half that of the ST2 with longer intervals, it really can be a great bike for the bottom basement prices they sell for. I would trade it and a testicle for that motus though.

• 4 months later...

Yeah baby! C'mon, ya gotta love that sound - just imagine replacing those stock cans for some aural-releasing M4's etc!

Always thought this should have been the next evolutionary step for GUZZI!

Am I gunna buy a Motus as is? Nope.

What needs to be done for me to buy? Shaft it.

SOLD.

I don't think the chain thing is going to be much of an issue. The way the engine sets in the frame a shaft wouldn't work too well anyway. Like everything else, chains keep getting better. Plus (assuming it's a 520 or something common like that) you could get a replacement damn near anywhere, and if you talk to a BMW owner who's had his rear bevel implode (of which there seems to have been quite a few recently) it's not like they're always bullet-proof either. I keep hearing complaints about that choice, but that's what the 'net is for I guess. We'll have to see. I hope like hell they do well, I know that. The nice thing about computers and all that is that it takes a lot of the guesswork out as far as handling, durability, frame geometry, etc. so they stand a pretty good chance of "getting it right" at the introduction. Another cool aspect is that the motor was designed to be easily adaptable to other platforms, so they are talking about selling it as a crate motor that you could use in who knows what.

Cue the naysayers...