Gauges and Covers

handtius

Hey Guys,

been a little while. my bike was in the shop for a few months and i got it back in late February. it looks gorgeous...i'll get pictures up soon enough.

do have a few questions....since my bike was hit, my old cover got torn up. i bought it for my previous bike, and i know covers are universal, but i was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a all weather, waterproof, full length cover that's a good fit for a v11 sport, with no fairing and supermoto bars with cafe mirrors.

also. i'm looking to replace my gauge next winter, since my speedo doesn't work(tach does). any recommendations for aftermarket set-ups? interesting in digital or analogue. want something simple and clean looking.

thanks ahead of time.

-ryan

I bought three covers from Nelson Riggs about ten years ago and they have held up very well. They are all three still in service although one has sustained a couple small rips.

As for gauges I am partial to Acewell. They offer an analog tach/digital speedo combo that I think is perfect for Guzzi's. But I was not able to find anyone in the USA selling it. I was able to buy one from the UK supplier at a good price with quick shipping and excellent customer service. That was after another company lied to me and said they had the gauge I was looking for in stock and ready to ship but instead took my money then had a third party drop ship the wrong gauge to me. It was then a couple weeks before I got my money back.

This is the right gauge from the UK supplier.

http://www.acewell.co.uk/Acewell%20Speedometers/ACE-4xxx/ACE-4454AB.htm?action=full&id=41

This is the wrong one from a US supplier.

http://www.renazcoracing.com/index.cfm?carttoken=7449538032411083352&action=ViewDetails&ItemID=538942&category=10004&viewby=ordervalue&sortorder=ASC

The part numbers are different but the pictures are not.

I went through about half a dozen of the cheapos from Walmart before I decided to try something else...I cannot find the receipt, but am reasonably sure the one I have now came from JC WHitney...only part number I can find is stencilled on front...XN0-1. This one stood up to continued outside exposure to Tampa FL sun and salt. k

No experience with bike covers, can't help you there.

On my G&B I have fitted a digital dash (see pic) from Ghezzi-Brian. http://www.ghezzi-brian.com/

BTW: G&B are not the manufacturer.

Very nice and quite easy to install. Two downsides: rather expensive and no gas level meter. (I found out the hard way)

i don't know if i could deal with the no gas indicator. i've had to push this beast before. not fun.

How about KOSO RX2N?

post-3073-1247317178_thumb.jpg

oh man, i like that. that can be hooked up to the guzzi? all indicators working? or is it a total pain and half the shite don't work?

:D Well, the gas indicator will not work. :D

See HowTo section...

How about KOSO RX2N?

post-3073-1247317178_thumb.jpg

oh man, i like that. that can be hooked up to the guzzi? all indicators working? or is it a total pain and half the shite don't work?

:D Well, the gas indicator will not work. :D

See HowTo section...

damn it! i need a gas light. my odometer doesn't work so i need the gas light.