Rear brake light switch

Tom M

I think it says something that the front brakes use a microswitch and the rear brake uses a pressure sensor. The sensor might be something that affects the feel of the front brakes and would therefore be undesirable or it might be that the rear brake master cylinders are not available with the much less expensive microswitch. It makes you wonder if the rear brake actuation wouldn't be improved some with the mechanical switch versus the pressure activated type.

No scientific reasons whatsoever. The stoplamp switch is actuated by hydraulic pressure. No adjustments to make, no dirty contacts to mess up the switch operation and less parts to use during assembly. This entire brake assembly probably comes from Brembo and all this is installed on the bike....

• 3 months later...

This looks like a good setup. I would solder the connections instead of terminals...........

They must have changed design since yours'.I have a 2004 V11 Lemans with a pipethread pressure switch.

I know a lot of cars in the 70's used these on their master cylinders.

Mine crapped out after sitting for a month.

No scientific reasons whatsoever. The stoplamp switch is actuated by hydraulic pressure. No adjustments to make, no dirty contacts to mess up the switch operation and less parts to use during assembly. This entire brake assembly probably comes from Brembo and all this is installed on the bike....

I bypassed my pressure switch with a jumper and i got a nice,bright light therefore it must have dirty contacts.It's common on aircraft

This is the first I've heard of one going down. Is it mechanical or a pressure switch?

The rear brake light switch crapped out on my 04 lemans a couple of days ago.It's a pressure switch.I know cars from to 70's used them a lot.I'm not about to spend nearly $50.00 for a simple switch.

Napa has them for around $7.00,just different terminals.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the first I've heard of one going down. Is it mechanical or a pressure switch?

The rear brake light switch crapped out on my 04 lemans a couple of days ago.It's a pressure switch.I know cars from to 70's used them a lot.I'm not about to spend nearly $50.00 for a simple switch.

Napa has them for around $7.00,just different terminals.

Electrical connections are pretty easy to change. The switch you sourced screws in properly? What is its application?