What causes the front end rattle?

enzo temko

I have reassembled the V11 Sport and put it back on the road. Everything is great, but I was reminded of an annoyance that has always been around - the front end rattle when you hit little bumps. It sounds like something is loose, but when I am stopped and check, everything seems bolted tight. What is that????

Do you have a screen/fairing fitted, my bike used to rattle and annoy the s:?t out of me. Was the fairing rattling against the headlight, small strip of rubber between them and the silence was deafening (well if you ignore every other noise the bike makes) :rasta:

Apply the front brakes to see if noise goes away. If it does, look at the front brakes. The full floating rotors click til you apply the brakes. You don't need ANY extra noises on a bike!!!!!!!!!!1

Mine had a similar rattle which turned out to be just the front brake hose rattling against the mudguard (I think). It went away when I re-routed the hose.

I found what it is. It is simply the parts inside the Brembo. There is a sort of floating brass plate that is on the bottom; it freely moves around. Looks like it is built this way. Any bump would make them rattle.

I found what it is. It is simply the parts inside the Brembo. There is a sort of floating brass plate that is on the bottom; it freely moves around. Looks like it is built this way. Any bump would make them rattle.

Can you post a pic or is it back together?

This is the part that rattles. This brass part. On the other side this part does not jostle. The pins are in place and it seems normal, just bounces around. All I can do is put tape over it to quiet it down.

brembo.jpg

Enzo mine did the same thing.I think I was able to tighten them where the bolt goes through and that cured it for a year or so.Loosened up after a while and due for a re-tighten

Annoying,yes!

The brake pad pins are held in by hair-pin clips. Remove the clips, pins and then the metal retainer with the Brembo symbol. Bend or twist the outer tangs toward the caliper. This will or should help put pressure on the retainer when reassembled. There is an arrow on this part to show direction.

Remember you are working on the most important aspect of your bike so be CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are unsure of what to do, price new ones to see if you want to replace them....