The brilliant, Grand Prix

...Always the nagging women in these 50's and 60's flicks... Even in WWII movies they managed to weave in a romantic story line. Boring!

Have you seen this tread Jaap? http://wildguzzi.com/forum/index.php?topic=47074.0

Scarred me for life, that film - saw it when it first came out - can still remember the feeling watching all that carnage ...& that music...always that music...

KB

Now I have, but to be honest, I don't get your point. I have a really nice G/F who let's me do the M/C thing as much as I want/need. :notworthy:

My point only is that I hate those artificial romantic story lines, that don't belong in those films.

They always have to appeal to the other half, hence the romantic angle.

It is a great racing movie. I have it and its contemporary, LeMans in my collection. Grand Prix is the better of the two.

...I don't get your point. ...

My point only is that I hate those artificial romantic story lines, that don't belong in those films.

I guess I'd look at it another way: if a story about the lives of Grand Prix racers can't incorporate themes of sex, love & jealousy sucessfully - themes integral to the chosen subject - it is a lesser story. Grand Prix is not a special interest documentary.

KB :sun: