2011 Griso Se

Danr

Proud owner of a 11 Griso SE, I am looking to put on a Givi A770 screen which I have in matte Black. I am looking to get one flat surface area painted the Tenni green matte color. Has anyone been able to break the color code to match to a US base paint manufacturers data base ?

I am a where of the older post's with the BASF code , but my local paint suppler says that code is no good.

Proud owner of a 11 Griso SE, I am looking to put on a Givi A770 screen which I have in matte Black. I am looking to get one flat surface area painted the Tenni green matte color. Has anyone been able to break the color code to match to a US base paint manufacturers data base ?

I am a where of the older post's with the BASF code , but my local paint suppler says that code is no good.

I think, just like we went through originally in that other post, you're going to find there is no good "code" for the Tenni green. The best setup would be maybe to just have a painter who knows his stuff play around with it till they get a match, then have the whole panel done up at once vice an attempt at blending. At least then it's all a little bit off together. I know they're close, but I haven't seen one...are the Griso and Tenni the same exact color?

I know they're close, but I haven't seen one...are the Griso and Tenni the same exact color?

Doubtful. They're an attempt at the same color, but AFAIK, the reported paint codes for the Tenni & the GriSEo are from two different manufacturers, so they can't really be exactly the same, ifyaknowwhatImean? Infinite variation, within a narrow range of inputs: Tennis & GriSEos are painted 'fractal green'! ;)

I know they're close, but I haven't seen one...are the Griso and Tenni the same exact color?

Doubtful. They're an attempt at the same color, but AFAIK, the reported paint codes for the Tenni & the GriSEo are from two different manufacturers, so they can't really be exactly the same, ifyaknowwhatImean? Infinite variation, within a narrow range of inputs: Tennis & GriSEos are painted 'fractal green'! ;)

Well, I suppose that's true, but after seeing the factory and the town around it, I wouldn't be surprised if the paint was from some small shop around the corner, where they had a few gallons leftover sitting on some shelf. Probably not, but anything's possible.

The early Honda CR 125 & CR 250 Honda dirt bikes had a matte green finish in the center of the fuel tank. Google the motorcycle and look at the color. There are people that are restoring these and they could give you a paint code.