For those of you interested

I am literally in the process of buying a 09 Dorsoduro 750 with 7k on the clock upgraded rear shock and front springs/oil, billet levers and covers, a gel seat and akropovic exhaust installed. $6750 but it's in florida and shipping is $450 :(

Hey, at least BFG might find it interesting. I have ridiculous bike ADD when I'm in the market for one. I wouldn't go as far as to say I hated my Duc ST2, what's a stonger word than hate? wouldn't start in the cold, wouldn't want to even cruise in the cold, didn't like the heat, didn't like to stay charged, was a walloy pig at slow speeds and the fairings(and ergo's) even with a laminar lip were no better than the RSVR I had. I got LESS wet in the rain on the RSVR. So I dumped 1k into it and put on 2k miles over a year, I've done worse. I was able to sell it for what I paid for it less the few upgrades and new starter :angry:

I will post up some pics when I get it and I've already told myself the next bike needs to be a griso(newer and less problems than BFG's though) I wonder if BFG knew my mom 30 years ago. . . :lol:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess you're working your way back to Guzzi by degrees. Does sound like the new Grisos are pretty well sorted from Go. I think Aprilia influence is gaining the upper hand. Welcome back to the fold, or leastways, the outer fenceline.

KB :sun:

I have ridiculous bike ADD when I'm in the market for one.

You ain't shittin' there, that's gotta be the understatement of the year, even on this board! All the vacillating over the multitudes of disparate brands and styles of ride had me spinning my head on the swivel worse than trying to cross the arrival/pick up lanes at O'Hare airport on a busy monday morning in the midst of a business flight ticket price war!!! :grin:

Congrats, enjoy your new ride, and be friken' careful, eh? :thumbsup:

Say Ben, are you already over the 40?

Bwahahahaha. Sorry Ben, I'm not laughing at you- I'm laughing with you.

Antonio- Ben is like 16 mental years old. Physical age has no measure here.

Ben, too bad you didn't like the ST2. I have an ST4s, and I quite like it. It's not such a sharp instrument that it would out-handle an RSVR (having never ridden one), but it does respectably well. And it pulls harder than the V11.... and runs in the cold and the heat. I look at it as a fun diversion, but also I like to run my G5 with a sidecar. For me- that's just a huge grin.

When you get back to wanting a V11, give me a call. I'll set you up with an honest, and good, deal. Less than a Dosoduro, that's for sure.

You're a Guzzi guy at heart- face it and you'll be happier.

Cheers,

Jason

I feel your pain, Ben. I tend to rotate through bikes a bit as well, but the V11 stays out of it. Sold the Cali and miss it, almost finished getting my R90/6 back together and it's already for sale, and am considering dumping my dual sport every other day. Enjoy the Aprilia, looks like a sweet ride. I still think you'll end up on a Guzzi again in the end!

Say Ben, are you already over the 40?

Ben, too bad you didn't like the ST2. I have an ST4s, and I quite like it. It's not such a sharp instrument that it would out-handle an RSVR (having never ridden one), but it does respectably well. And it pulls harder than the V11.... and runs in the cold and the heat. I look at it as a fun diversion, but also I like to run my G5 with a sidecar. For me- that's just a huge grin.

Well ok, it did pull harder than the V11 and less than the RSVR to be expected, for commuting which is 95% of my riding it wasn't the perfect tool for the job, it HATES traffic and I really think part of the temperament of it was the race ECU and pipes it had on it, which are really unnecessary on that type of bike especially the ST2(maybe a ST4). I bet a stock exhaust/ecu bike would have been less headache. I am on my way back to guzzi and I think about them constantly. The only V11 variant I would buy is a Coppa otherwise I want a Griso!!!

I don't know how you guys even put up with me :drink:

there is a V11 Lemans in black locally,(not a Nero) 10k miles, 2004, I just did a VDST check on it.. $4000. !

guy will trade for a 750 Breva if anyone has interest I can put you in touch.

was that your dorso at the Wheel of Italy yesterday?

IMG_0453.jpg

there is a V11 Lemans in black locally,(not a Nero) 10k miles, 2004, I just did a VDST check on it.. $4000. !

guy will trade for a 750 Breva if anyone has interest I can put you in touch.

was that your dorso at the Wheel of Italy yesterday?

IMG_0453.jpg

nope, I won't get my DD in the mail until next monday-tuesday at this point. I'm very excited, we better get a native american summer this year :whistle:

What's the old adage about crazy women in bed?

I have an STD, and I quite like it.

Cheers,

Jason

Doesn't impress much. There are worse problems on this Board.

I am literally in the process of buying a 09 Dorsoduro 750 with 7k on the clock upgraded rear shock and front springs/oil, billet levers and covers, a gel seat and akropovic exhaust installed. $6750 but it's in florida and shipping is $450 :(

Hey, at least BFG might find it interesting. I have ridiculous bike ADD when I'm in the market for one. I wouldn't go as far as to say I hated my Duc ST2, what's a stonger word than hate? wouldn't start in the cold, wouldn't want to even cruise in the cold, didn't like the heat, didn't like to stay charged, was a walloy pig at slow speeds and the fairings(and ergo's) even with a laminar lip were no better than the RSVR I had. I got LESS wet in the rain on the RSVR. So I dumped 1k into it and put on 2k miles over a year, I've done worse. I was able to sell it for what I paid for it less the few upgrades and new starter :angry:

I will post up some pics when I get it and I've already told myself the next bike needs to be a griso(newer and less problems than BFG's though) I wonder if BFG knew my mom 30 years ago. . . :lol:

Sounds like a good deal: all good mods on there. I have the Arrow cans and would like to fit the uprated shock and a gel seat. With your fork springs too, you're getting close to the Factory version spec.

The Dorso will run the legs off a V11 in a lot of situations

*disclaimer: 'though not all'

Depending on conditions, on some runs it's as fast or faster than the Griso, because it's more agile. Of course it doesn't have the grunt or the top end. Doesn't have the Griso's stability either. Two sides of a coin. Thing is, it's different enough from the Griso (or V11) to make up a good pair. So, keep the Dorso and later get a G as well. The best people do.