Clip-Ons?

Dimples

I recently bought an '04 Le Mans with "convertabars" that are too high for me. I'd like to switch them for the stock clip-ons. Does anyone know where they may be available or of an appropriate substitute?

Thanks!

I put the vortex clip ons on my 2000 v11 think it is 53mm. My forks are the marzochi (sp).

The compression and rebound on seperate legs. Works and looks good.

The Ohlins tubes are 54mm in diameter. I'll look at the Vortex. It would be great to find someone's "take-offs".

Both forks are interchangable, so the diameters are the same, I thought they were 53 mm also or was that the diameter of the Ducati forks :stupid: , I guess I could go down in the garage to measure them :whistle:

I also had the vortex on my V11 Sport, but I was a bit younger then. :oldgit:

Mike

the marzocchi forks on my '02 le Mans measure 53mm, BUT are stepped up to 54mm where they go through both triple clamps.

stef

edit.... the 54mm extends to 1 3/4 " below the bottom of the top triple clamp.

the marzocchi forks on my '02 le Mans measure 53mm, BUT are stepped up to 54mm where they go through both triple clamps.

stef

Thank you for the input. On the '04 the clip-ons were attached above the top triple clamp where the tubes measure 54 mm. The Ohlins fork tubes are also stepped down in diameter below the triple clamp. I think if they were mounted below the clamp, it would be uncomfortable. Mounted on top should be perfect for me. Very close to the riding position on my R1100S.

stef

Thank you for the input. On the '04 the clip-ons were attached above the top triple clamp where the tubes measure 54 mm. The Ohlins fork tubes are also stepped down in diameter below the triple clamp. I think if they were mounted below the clamp, it would be uncomfortable. Mounted on top should be perfect for me. Very close to the riding position on my R1100S.

I have MPH risers and couldn't recommend them enough.very well made and perfect sporty,but much less pressure on wrists position for me.I'll take a look to see if I have an extra set of stock clip-on in the boxes of stuff I have.They are not uncommon on ebay

Yep they are 54 mm, with the Ohlins I think you will need the stock bar setup (factory)that mounts ontop of the triple clamp since there is not much of the 54 mm diameter under the triple clamp. Sounds expensive. Maybe checkout reboot spares, I think they moved a few years back?

stef

stef

I have MPH risers and couldn't recommend them enough.very well made and perfect sporty,but much less pressure on wrists position for me.I'll take a look to see if I have an extra set of stock clip-on in the boxes of stuff I have.They are not uncommon on ebay

If you have a stock pair, that would be great! I'm anxious to get the new bike into shape-- please let me know, I can send a Paypal payment to you or some other type.

Thanks,

David

• 1 month later...