Help replacing trip reset knob

Ducwad

My odmeter stopped working last month as i was pulling out of a gas station.I was resetting my ODO as I was pulling out onto the road.It stopped working right there.I fiddled with the reset knob and got it to move,but only a tenth mile for every 5 or so miles i'm riding.

I'm thinking these are frail speedometers as i've read this is a weak point of these.I also read that someone was going to VDO gauges.Do they make speedo's for these bikes?I have a 2004 V11 Lemans with low miles.(and staying there)

Mike

Is your's the Veglia model ? White or black face ? I had mine fixed at Palo Alto Speedo Service. Costly but I am happy.

You can call for pricing info to decide what you want to do............

My odmeter stopped working last month as i was pulling out of a gas station.I was resetting my ODO as I was pulling out onto the road.It stopped working right there.I fiddled with the reset knob and got it to move,but only a tenth mile for every 5 or so miles i'm riding.

I'm thinking these are frail speedometers as i've read this is a weak point of these.I also read that someone was going to VDO gauges.Do they make speedo's for these bikes?I have a 2004 V11 Lemans with low miles.(and staying there)

Mike

I am about halfway through converting to VDO speedo and tach. I should have the wiring harness finished tomorrow then I can run the speedo to verify. You can see where I am on this thread