New Fuel tank

bmwr90s

Hello everyone,

I dont post much, but read these forum topics quite frequently. Anyways, I have seen some aluminum V11 tanks around online... and was wondering how to go about getting one. Last time I called the tank shop, they said they needed an actual bike there to recreate a tank after I offered mailing my tank to them. Anyone know any other companies around that will do it for a reasonable price? Also, do V11 tanks change between models and years? I know some have internal/external fuel pumps, but is there anything else drastic about the tanks? Thanks,

Craig

To the best of my knowledge there are only 2 categories; with the external pump and with the internal pump. The external pump has a black rubber pad at the fuel filler cap. I think they are the same external dimensions though.

Alloy is nice, but I wish someone did a knockoff of the Guzzi roto-molded tank in steel: there's just not that much weight to be saved in a gas tank [since steel will hold its shape in thinner sheet than will aluminum], and the advantages of magnetic tank bags aren't lost on me... :luigi:

Alloy is nice, but I wish someone did a knockoff of the Guzzi roto-molded tank in steel: there's just not that much weight to be saved in a gas tank [since steel will hold its shape in thinner sheet than will aluminum], and the advantages of magnetic tank bags aren't lost on me... :luigi:

True, true, but polished steel just doesn't hold up to well!

-the ethanol in fuel issue would worry me, too. Sorry to those who've had these beautiful tanks made up!

Wait, so the stock tanks dont hold up... and the aluminum tanks also are affected by ethanol? What options are there? Couldn't you just use some sort of sealant inside the aluminum tanks?

Beautiful bikes by the way.

Nice job if you want it to look different from the stock tank-look of my replacement.

I can't imagine anyone wanting something different from what you show off. 'like it'

The Alu-Tanks.de just is no photographer at all. And don't mention the exhaust.

Hubert

I am going to go through with it and going to have an aluminum tank made. Just to be sure, there are no differences between the V11 tanks other than foam pad/fuel pumps right? Even between the sport models and Le Mans?

You are replacing the tank because........? Who is going to make the new tank for you? You need to verify everything with the person fabricating the new tank as to the application...........

I am going to have the Tank Shop make one. They said they can make a V11 tank from previous fabrications. I am just having the stock tank remade in aluminum.... Ive been stationed oversees for a while and its going to be a little gift for myself for when I get home. Before I start asking them questions about their mold I figured I would try to get some general information on v11 tanks... as I cant even look at mine.

But I am putting it on a 2002 Le Mans... and they probably have a mold for a sport... so I am hoping that I hear there are no differences.