Nada

bridgepress

I turn the ignition key, and get nothing -- no instrument lights, no headlight, no power to starter. Battery is fully charged. Where to look? No clue. I haven't ridden for a while.

Thanks,

Brian

Turn the handle bars all the way right and try again. Then left if that does not work. The bullet connectors to the clutch safety switch under the tank suck. If that is it, remove tank and air filter box and get some better connectors.

I turn the ignition key, and get nothing -- no instrument lights, no headlight, no power to starter. Battery is fully charged. Where to look? No clue. I haven't ridden for a while.

Thanks,

Brian

swap the relays around.see if that makes a difference.

Snap your fingers three times, strike a Michael Jackson pose (doesn't matter which one), then fart.

Works for me everytime.

You may have better luck with the above responses. :whistle:

Thanks,

Brian

Not to be a smart*** but, do you know how to use a test light and a wiring diagram? KiwiRoy has some good power and ground circuit diagrams here. Do you live int the U.S, U.K, Europe, etc.... If you want to have someone talk you through a quick test procedure someone (me) can talk and get a better understanding of the problem.......

You stated I hope the bike was running when you parked it? Now you have no power?

First thing to do is remove the battery connections, scrape the terminals then add Vaseline, the terminals sometimes oxidize disconnecting the leads even though the bolts are tight, Vaseline will prevent this.

Next trace the main ground lead from the battery to the chassis, make sure that's clean and tight.

Check if you have 12 Volts on any of the fuses to chassis and report back which fuses are live with key On / key Off.

Besides the other good suggestions

My friend has a LeMans about the same era, he found one of the wires had broken off where it was soldered to the ignition switch, if wires are allowed to flex at a soldered joint they will soon break, if that's the case please post a photo.

If the bikes been parked for a long time it's possibly just the grease in the switch has gone hard with age but that would usually show up as an intermittent fault, if you pull the switch off at all it's a good idea to clean it out and replace with fresh Vaseline.

Did it just happen suddenly or has it played up for a while?

Ritratto98 point's out a common fault, there's a couple of connectors under the tank LH side where the switch connects to the loom, they sometimes work loose

Good Luck

Roy