Thinking of changing the V11

Pandamonium

If you sell it, you'll probably regret it and they're getting more rare so it seems. Better to buy a second bike and supplement the V11 with something more sporty.

This site is littered with the carcasses of members who rued the day they sold their V11 :grin:

If you think Guzzi's are quirky and difficult to keep on top of I'd steer away from the Benelli, nice looking bike but not without their issues.

Understand the need for speed, sold my Mk1 Le Mans when I was 20 to go racing jap stuff, when I was 32 I managed to get another, still got it and keeping it!! My first try at Knockhill (race circuit) was on my Le Mans, great time and steep learning curve but realised at the end of that day it wouldn't be competitive (3 years earlier they were)

Hi Gino,

Yeah I know the benelli would be harder to keep, getting someone to work on it will be expensive and difficult.

I've considered Jap too and have found a cracking kawasaki zx-7r, which is tempting, and i do want to try something different from a V so maybe thats the way to go.

Cheers

Mark

Dont know about pretty but here are a few anyway

Just before it came into the house

IMAG0225.jpg

In the kitchen for some cleaning before notion of selling

IMAG0235.jpg

Ones from when I got it

-1.jpg

-2.jpg

Have plenty more too, just shout if you want

Cheers

Mark

That's pretty. That's very, very pretty. Yum. I yearn for it.

I'm in Rome till New Year (where prolonged Guzzi exposure has tipped me from 'fancy one' to 'need one') but if you didn't mind it sitting in your kitchen till then...

Looks like it's got plenty of kibble to keep it happy for a while. :-)

Price you're thinking of is very fair. Mad thought: if you have speed cravings, fancy p/x-ing for a TLR?

Dont know about pretty but here are a few anyway

Just before it came into the house

(photos)

Have plenty more too, just shout if you want

Cheers

Mark

Looking at the pics when you go it - were the forks lowered to mount the bars above the top triple clamp? Have you put them back below, in the stock position? What was it like to ride if my first hunch is correct? I know the Lemans are mounted above, but I thought that the forks were longer, and that this was verbotten on the Sports.

I have the same bike as you but with 4X the mileage.

The only bike that has tempted me is the BMW HP2 and that bike is $$. I have never owned a BMW by the way.

I am sticking with the V11, it really does feel good every time I ride it.

Instead of buying a more expensive bike, if I need new tires or whatever for the Goose, I just buy it. I figure I am still ahead.

Oh, regarding the handling....I did put new shocks on the front of the V11 from an Aprilia RSV - oh man, it really helped

Bob

RHIP I never rode it with the bars up high, I got it changed round before I picked it up but from what i was told yeah the forks where pushed up to allow the bars be clipped above the yoke.

Bbennett, good to hear yours is still going strong with all the miles on it. Yeah the HP2 is nice but silly price.

Oh really, wish I'd known you could switch the forks like that. Would love to see pics.

Bike is sold by the way

Mark