Thinking of changing the V11

Pandamonium

I'm thinking of changing the V11, fancy something a bit more modern, the alternative is to go all out and cafe racer it.

My V11 is the sport, 2001 in black with silver engine and red frame, about 17000miles, Its standard except for some optinal guzzi carbon fiber extras (front mudgaurd, dash mount and starter motor cover)and a small Givi screen. Its in good condition for its age, few marks on the tank and tail (black polish and you cant see them), paint on the frame under the seat is flaking and the angle drive for the speedo from the gearbox is starting to go as the needle does tend to vibrate, tyres have lots of life in them.

Thinking about £3250.

Whats peoples thoughts?

Cheers

Mark

If you sell it, you'll probably regret it and they're getting more rare so it seems. Better to buy a second bike and supplement the V11 with something more sporty. For road use, though, I doubt you'll find a sporty bike THAT much quicker from A to B.

I may well regret it but the problem is im only 25 and the power head is starting to grow, never done the sports bike thing yet

At 25 you've got to go through a feast of other bikes before you settle down with one (or 2 or) :food:

Try everything you can but you can always return if you really want to :wub:

Have a ball mate :race:

I had a 1000S for 5 years in my twenties and sold it after riding a Ducati.

Should have kept it but I had a similar lust for speed. Yes I regret it now but I enjoyed the Ducati for another five years then went back to Guzzi again.

Cheers for the replies chaps.

@HaydnR yeah he knows about it but is holding off for a 1000s i think

@Trevini, I would love a second bike to keep the guzzi but the funds arent there unfortunately, heck if something goes on the guzzi the funds arent there to sort it haha

@John, thanks mate, Ive only had 2 bikes in the past, a moto morini 350 dart for about a month and moto morini 9 1/2 for nearly 2 yrs. Kept telling myself I dont have aneed for speed and sports bikes arent for me but now I want to know, had a go on my dads K1200r when he had it and enjoyed the in-line four and now he has a Buell 1125cr along side the 1000s, its an animal too.

@Guy, yeah hindsight is a wonderful thing, sometimes I wish I hadnt sold the 9 1/2, went from a 3/4 yr old bike to a 10/11 yr old bike

Thanks

Mark

I'm thinking of changing the V11, fancy something a bit more modern, the alternative is to go all out and cafe racer it.

My V11 is the sport, 2001 in black with silver engine and red frame, about 17000miles, Its standard except for some optinal guzzi carbon fiber extras (front mudgaurd, dash mount and starter motor cover)and a small Givi screen. Its in good condition for its age, few marks on the tank and tail (black polish and you cant see them), paint on the frame under the seat is flaking and the angle drive for the speedo from the gearbox is starting to go as the needle does tend to vibrate, tyres have lots of life in them.

Thinking about £3250.

Whats peoples thoughts?

Cheers

Mark

Keep the V11 and sell me the 1000s. That's what I would do.

Thinking about £3250.

Whats peoples thoughts?

Cheers

Mark

Keep the V11 and sell me the 1000s. That's what I would do.

Yes, keep the V11 and sell the 1000S.... to me :grin: