Messages...........where are you?

rbt1548

Hi All, I hope I've put this in the correct section, if not feel free to move it to where it should be.

I cannot seem to open my messages section, I click onto 'my profile',at the top right hand corner of the screen, then to 'messages' and it goes straight to 'my profile' main page, this happened before but I closed the forum came back to it and it was ok. It does it with each of the headings in the list, click onto any one and it goes to 'my profile' page. I know there are messages, I got them in my email address and I answered one last night through'my messages', but today again I cannot access them, any ideas to what could be causing this, or am I doing something wrong?, any help appreciated.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Cheers

Robert

Hi All, I hope I've put this in the correct section, if not feel free to move it to where it should be.

I cannot seem to open my messages section, I click onto 'my profile',at the top right hand corner of the screen, then to 'messages' and it goes straight to 'my profile' main page, this happened before but I closed the forum came back to it and it was ok. It does it with each of the headings in the list, click onto any one and it goes to 'my profile' page. I know there are messages, I got them in my email address and I answered one last night through'my messages', but today again I cannot access them, any ideas to what could be causing this, or am I doing something wrong?, any help appreciated.

Merry Christmas to you all.

Cheers

Robert

Weird problem... But I think it's browser or cookie related. If you refresh the page do you again have the problem?

[

Weird problem... But I think it's browser or cookie related. If you refresh the page do you again have the problem?

Yes, still do, but checked it a few mins ago and they were back up, but now gone again!!, as you say , 'weird'

What browser are you using? I can't recreate the problem, so it's almost impossible to find out what's happening.

Hi Admin Jaap,

I am using Internet Explorer 9, on both. It's probably something very simple,(ME!!),maybe not clicking the right button or something equally as daft.

Sorry for the hassle,

Robert

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem.

Vista with Explorer 9.

Tried hovering cursor over the box with my username in top right corner, several drop down boxes appear - one with with 'messages (3) '.

appear. As soon as I click on it it jumps to My Profile.

I think messages are from Kiwi_Roy so feel embarresed I have not replied to him. Perhaps you could PM to explain.

Could this just be an Explorer 9 issue?

I don't follow news on IE at all but just happened to see comments earlier today from people complaining about IE9 and wanting to know about uninstalling it.