PC 111

Guest gooddog

Guest gooddog

hello gentelmen,

i'm going to give myself a power commander for xmas, and was wondering about the connectivity. dyno jet doesnt have a specific pc3 for the 2002 lemans, they do however have them designated for 00-01 v11's, and 00-03 jackle/stone/ev's. my question is this: is there a difference between 01 and 02 cpu's? whats the diference between the pc3 for a stone and the v11? i realize that i'll have to either dyno tune my bike or wing a custom map to my needs. i see that there is a connector for a Palm which would give a guy the versatility of testing different maps out on the road....sweet! with all the talk about customized exhausts, i'm getting itchy to make some mods, i figure that the pc will be a nescessity down the road.

thanks, ray

The 00-01 v11's, and 00-03 jackle/stone/ev's have the same exact hardware.

The difference is in the map that comes preloaded, which is a map modifed for a completely stock bike (I presume a US model).

You should order the one for the 00-01 V11S and download the appropriate map from Power Commander's website or contact www.guzzitech.com where you can download many more maps, get more great advice, or even order a PCIII

PS Ray, What type of mods do you have on your bike? If any...

Guest gooddog

none so far. ive put 7000 cherry miles on the goose, this being the 1st bike ive ever owned. my budget up til now has been to gear myself and get the machine. now after learning how to ride this baby, can i think about working out the kinks. i'm interested formost in being able to ride as often as possible. the thought of my bike being out of commission for any amount of time drives me crazy, so my thought of serious engine mods have been few. i'd like to find the perfect breathing and exhaust system for this sucker and then maybe the ohlins upgrades, but thats at least a year away. as for now its just riding and dreaming.

ray

Oh, you've been bit hard.

The best you can do to ensure maximum riding time is to do preventative maintenance. As Carl often reminds us, grease up the electrical connections. Check torque on various nuts/bolts/etc. Push on stuff to make sure it's not loose. These are pretty damn good bikes right out of the box. Exhaust and intake mods will get you a little power and smooth out the midrange, but the biggest effect they have is that the bike sounds better.

Happy riding!

Cheers,

Jason

Contact Todd Eagan at www.guzzitech.com

He has worked directly with Dynojet to develop the PCIIIusb model, and does ongoing development with them. I noticed that the link above does list the PCIIIusb for the V11 Sport, but to my knowledge, no one but Todd had a run(and a small one at that) of PCIIIusb units as they sell so few :huh2:

Todd will also draw on his extensive database of maps to load one that is as close as possible for your configuration/modifications until you can get a custom map made.

al

Ray,

If you want to save a few bucks, I have a less than 1 year old PCIII for an '01 VII sport.

Will snap right on your bike.

Updated software and all the extras included.

$200 free shipping in USA,.

John

...my guess?? He's probably doing what I am and installing the new USB version.

It has twice the data points by tuning per 250RPM versus 500RPM on the old PCIII, gets its power through the USB(versus an adapter for the old PCIII), and has the expansion slot for future upgrades like the potential for an ignition module.

al

Bingo Al!!!

Yup, USB version is in the bike and running fine.

Al, we sure do think alike and our bikes are going to be almost identical with the mods.

(too bad you live on the wrong coast;)

I think Mike Rich pistons will be on my Christmas and birthday list :thumbsup:

Guest WildJackal

Twowheeldrift has a sale price of $250 compared to the $329 price everywhere else. I guess you are giving up the support and custom maps that a Todd Eagan can supply.

The P/N is 706-411. Is this the latest and greatest that fits all 2000 on up Sports.etc?

Twowheeldrift has a sale price of $250 compared to the $329 price everywhere else. I guess you are giving up the support and custom maps that a Todd Eagan can supply.

The P/N is 706-411. Is this the latest and greatest that fits all 2000 on up Sports.etc?

Yes, but do they really have it in stock(esp the USB version)?? If so, that's great, but I'd double-check. When I bought my USB PCIII from Todd, he was the only guy in the USA that had them, and had Dynojet make them for him as a special run.

While Dynojet had a part# for them as referenced on the vendor's site above, Dynojet only manufactured this small run for Todd as the demand was so low. I bought one of his last ones back then, and he said he didn't know when they'd make another run until he could make a minimum order.

Perhaps this situation has changed in the last 6 months :huh2: and now they have them in stock for any dealer. ...but I'd call the vendor before placing the order, and also check with Todd to see what his current pricing and availability is.

You wouldn't want to order one just to find it's indefinitely backordered :unsure:

All the connectors/PCIII for the Guzzi's from 1999 and up are the same... as long as they use the 15M computer. So that's Quotas, V11 Sports, EV/Cali/Jackals, etc.. it's just the map that is different.

You can find the appropriate PCIII map for just about any combination of modifications on www.guzzitech.com However, the PCIIIusb uses a different file format than the PCIII, and since it is so new... finding a premade map might be a bit more difficult if you've deviated from stock. If you are spending the money on a new USB version, it's really worth your while to get a custom map made as a certified Dyno Tuning Center. It's only $200-300, takes 30 minutes, and makes a huge difference.

al