Where does it mention Wales? KB :sun:

Good point! Thanks.

I original saw this posted under the heading, '

New Race track in Wales being proposed'

Anyway, there's hardly any danger of happening anywhere.

Click link

What's good enough for Wales must be good for Northern Ireland too?

Plenty of tourists coming here for road races, as well as local enthusiasts.

rolleyes.gif

Hey, would one of you UK residents sign this thing for me? It doesn't allow comments, nor non-resident signatures, but having done a semester abroad in Oxford a bazillion years ago, it would be a big bonus if they approved this thing before I go back to visit.

Nurburgring would be a cool visit, but I don't sprecken the Deutsch, or even verstehe ein bischen. The pommies will tell you I don't speak English either, being a 'Murrican, but at least I can usually catch the drift of the conversation & read the road signs [well, maybe not in Wales, but who can? Mind your p's & q's... ;) ]

Anyway, if they can get this thing off the ground (or rather, ON the ground! ;) ), it has the added benefit that being a one-way loop, it eliminates the biggest hazard to fast drivers visiting the country, the fact that they all drive on the wrong side of the road over there in the UK! :grin:

Anyway, I think it's a brilliant idea for promoting tourism, & if they put it in Wales it will be closer to the Isle of Man as well, for that 1-2 punch for tourism of someone going there to sample the track & then head across for the IoM TT! :thumbsup:

Click link

What's good enough for Wales must be good for Northern Ireland too?

Plenty of tourists coming here for road races, as well as local enthusiasts.

rolleyes.gif

Hey, would one of you UK residents sign this thing for me? It doesn't allow comments, nor non-resident signatures, but having done a semester abroad in Oxford a bazillion years ago, it would be a big bonus if they approved this thing before I go back to visit.

Nurburgring would be a cool visit, but I don't sprecken the Deutsch, or even verstehe ein bischen. The pommies will tell you I don't speak English either, being a 'Murrican, but at least I can usually catch the drift of the conversation & read the road signs [well, maybe not in Wales, but who can? Mind your p's & q's... ;) ]

Anyway, if they can get this thing off the ground (or rather, ON the ground! ;) ), it has the added benefit that being a one-way loop, it eliminates the biggest hazard to fast drivers visiting the country, the fact that they all drive on the wrong side of the road over there in the UK! :grin:

Anyway, I think it's a brilliant idea for promoting tourism, & if they put it in Wales it will be closer to the Isle of Man as well, for that 1-2 punch for tourism of someone going there to sample the track & then head across for the IoM TT! :thumbsup:

I might argue (but not actually measure) that IOM's handy-close to Northern Ireland: so if the imagined Burger Ring, as you other-side-of-the-pond boys no doubt say, were to be located here, it would be the best of all solutions.

Come here for NorthWest 200 week (with the tourist hordes). spend another week whizzing around the Burger (avec hordes), then hop over to IOM for pudding.

Eh? Ever heard of a 1-2-3 punch?

You have now.

• 2 weeks later...

I might argue (but not actually measure) that IOM's handy-close to Northern Ireland: so if the imagined Burger Ring, as you other-side-of-the-pond boys no doubt say, were to be located here, it would be the best of all solutions.

Come here for NorthWest 200 week (with the tourist hordes). spend another week whizzing around the Burger (avec hordes), then hop over to IOM for pudding.

Eh? Ever heard of a 1-2-3 punch?

You have now.

Yeah, it's the "avec hordes" that the whole idea of this thing is trying to avoid, and its greatest appeal: having a Burger'ing that one can drive horde-less, as it were, and then join the hordes for the IoM (or NW200) would work quite nicely, I think. Whether in N.Ire or the land of Cymru doesn't matter much to this ugly 'Murrican, they & some Manx kittens are all just a hop, skip & ferry-ride away from landing @ Gat-throw... :grin:

...this ugly 'Murrican... just a hop, skip & ferry-ride away from landing @ Gat-throw... :grin:

Lucky for us, I believe that most of you guys don't have passports (or newspapers).