gaskets

luther61

anyone no where i can get sump gaskets for a v11

Hi

suppliers would be Teo Lamers in Holland (tlm.nl) or Agostinis in Italy or Stein Dinse in Germany or Corsa Italiana or Spares GB in the UK. i think the gasket is common to all square head large block Guzzis so it should not be a probalem.

Cheers

Guzz

well, it's a ways from your place, but i just got a sump gasket & valve cover gaskets(&filter and oil) from my nearest guzzi dealer, cascade moto classics in portland, oregon. i try to buy everything i can from them,(i'd like to see them stay in business) they're good folks, and they had everything in stock.

cheers, s

EDIT don't forget the #40 clamp for around the filter. (hardware store)

I use Gutsibits:

ENA01360

By phone or online store: rapid response, no quibbles return policy. Done a lot of business with them. Good folk

Also used Wendel, German suppliers.

Wendel online Shop

Accept Paypal payments (better and cheaper than bank transfer). Slower because of international mail but again, good online store and really good for obscure hard to get stuff. Only problem is that it's all in German but I like the challenge and Google translation seems to do the job OK. Nicht mehr Lieferbar = got none and Ab Lager Lieferbar - in stock.

BTW their email communications are in both German and English so not so bad once you've made the transaction.

• 1 month later...

If you're a cheap bastard like me you would make your own.

Sump Gasket.pdf

I traced around a new one I bought in a moment of weakness.

Do you think $23 is ok for a simple paper gasket? :oldgit:

Roy, you have noted a phenomenon that many locals I know have discussed.... the British Italian Rip-off.

Seems that the PO of my bike was paying $32 each for the OE UFI oil filters... the same ones that you can order from MG Cycle in a ten pack for about $80. That was after they gave him his 'discount' as a preferred customer.

If there is something you need, and you have the time for a nice day ride, get in touch with Gord out at Valley Yamaha/Guzzi in Chilliwack. Couldn't be more different. Apparently news to British Italian, but Guzzi mechanics don't need to be rude and surly to be qualified to work on the bikes.

I bought a couple of the thicker gaskets when I was ordering a bunch of stuff from Gordon at MG Cycle. They are a nice, thick laminated looking kind of plastic coated card stock and IIRC they were about $9.00 each. If I was to buy quality gasket material and cut one myself it would cost almost as much. I have their valve cover gaskets made from this stuff as well.

Cheers,

Steve

I would recommend Stein Dinse as well. My experience is that they usually deliver quicker than the UK parts suppliers and maintain higher levels of stock. Can be cheaper too. Good website - you can pick items out of the Guzzi catalogue they have on-line and the site usually offers a number of alternatives.

Sump Gasket.pdf

I traced around a new one I bought in a moment of weakness.

Do you think $23 is ok for a simple paper gasket? :oldgit:

Roy, you have noted a phenomenon that many locals I know have discussed.... the British Italian Rip-off.

Seems that the PO of my bike was paying $32 each for the OE UFI oil filters... the same ones that you can order from MG Cycle in a ten pack for about $80. That was after they gave him his 'discount' as a preferred customer.

If there is something you need, and you have the time for a nice day ride, get in touch with Gord out at Valley Yamaha/Guzzi in Chilliwack. Couldn't be more different. Apparently news to British Italian, but Guzzi mechanics don't need to be rude and surly to be qualified to work on the bikes.

+1 - I had nothing but first class service from the folks in Chilliwack when living on the other coast, much less the first/last time I went "down-town" to the alternative you mention rather than riding a little further. I also purchased my V11S from Valley in 2001.

Gio

Ahh, a true Guzzi Guy. :grin:

The true Guzzista braids them from his own chest hair.

Dang! I have too much American Indian blood, no body hair to speak of.. :huh2: I guess I'll never qualify.

Ahh, a true Guzzi Guy. :grin:

The true Guzzista braids them from his own chest hair.

Dang! I have too much American Indian blood, no body hair to speak of.. :huh2: I guess I'll never qualify.

Depends. Do you grow hair in, um, any other place?

When I needed one, I bought a thirty pack of Miller high life. I think I was two or three into the pack before I had the perfect sump gasket trimmed out of the cardboard from the thirtypack. Added a little RTV and presto. Hasn't leaked a drop in two+ years and I was able to reuse it again after this springs oil change.

TDF

When I needed one, I bought a thirty pack of Miller high life. I think I was two or three into the pack before I had the perfect sump gasket trimmed out of the cardboard from the thirtypack. Added a little RTV and presto. Hasn't leaked a drop in two+ years and I was able to reuse it again after this springs oil change.

TDF

Dude. :)

PS what's RTV, please? Answer as if to a technical ignoramus...

(or, someone who lives in Europe and doesn't have your excellent shops)