Racing season FINALLY here

Well after sooo long a wait, it's at least time to get a little racing back on TV (and not NASCAR)

MOTO GP.....my heart's with Val but I think Stonner's got it this year

World Super Bike......Got to go with the Aprillia of Mad Max..by the way, when did he become a media darling and "Good Guy" again. I like the new Max. Sort of the underdog in a weird way.

F1.....I'm a Ferrari and Alonso fan, but again, I think it's going to be Red Bull and Vetel all over again. Although ( and I never thought I'd say this ) I'd like to see Button with a Championship again.

Any thoughts out there??

Cheers

Van

Moto GP- Stoner is by far the best rider now, its not just the machine he rides. I understand the new Hondas had engine reliability problems in testing so I think that is the only hope for the others. I like Rossi but I think his best days are over- he may get a win or two if he gets to grips with the new Ducati.

WSB- I reckon Carlos Checa will be on form again he is a class act. I'll be cheering on Tom Sykes who is from Huddersfield and has a big chin.

Formula One- Vettel must be favourite as long as the Red Bulls stay fastest. Can't write off Jenson Button or Lewis Hamilton. Its a bit better than a few years ago but F1 is still pretty tame compared to the good old Senna / Mansell days.

BSB- Very close and competitive. Went down to the last corner or the last race in 2011. Will Haga show his class and cope with the more intimidating circuits like Cadwell Park which normally scare most of the prima donnas who have previously raced at World Class?

Personally I am looking forward to the new CRMC BEARS series- may even see a Guzzi racing. May even hop over the sea to watch some Road Racing.

I do not think as much of Stoner as many others do. I think he has lots of natural talent and seriously big balls but I don't think he has the ability to improve the bike that some, like Rossi, do. As long as his bike is at the top of the heap he is hard to beat. But if his bike loses its advantage he rely's more on his mechanics to figure it out and if they can't, a la Ducati, he will suffer. And while Honda is tops right now they do have a habit of making engineering direction mistakes, it tends to run in cycles. If he loses it he may start crashing again, if that happens he may be toast.

And this year with the 1000's there may be more emphasis placed on race craft then there has in quite a while.

I think people who count Rossi out are way premature, I would be surprised if he doesn't win at least one more title. And if Rossi and Burgess can get the Ducati going in the right direction after years of Stoner leading them a stray, it may be sooner then you might think.

But there are plenty of people with a shot this year.

WSB is looking good, but Checa seems to still be on form and unless he loses that form I doubt any one else can challenge him for the title. Checa right now is like Stoner when he first got on the Ducati or Vettel right now in the Red Bull. Some times it is just the right rider/driver on/in the right racebike/racecar more so then the absolute best rider/driver. Motor racing is a man/machine contest. It requires more then just ability to go fast.

But in general I am always glad to see race season start back up. This year will be tight for me with house plans requiring a lot of time/money, but I hope to participate in a few races in myself.

And I already have tickets my tickets renewed for the Indy MotoGP race to spectate.