Le Mans Tenni advice - clutch

Denis

Hi

I am very interested in buying a 2003 Tenni - low miles in excellent condition.

My only concern is that I've read reports about the clutch exploding with the single plate clutches.

I'm pretty sure the Tenni has a single plate clutch.

Any advice greatly appreciated. I'd even consider buying the bike with a view to changing the clutch out to the conventional two plate system, any pointers to previous threads? I've done a search but can't seem to find much info on the Tenni clutch.

Regards

Denis

Hi

I am very interested in buying a 2003 Tenni - low miles in excellent condition.

My only concern is that I've read reports about the clutch exploding with the single plate clutches.

I'm pretty sure the Tenni has a single plate clutch.

Any advice greatly appreciated. I'd even consider buying the bike with a view to changing the clutch out to the conventional two plate system, any pointers to previous threads? I've done a search but can't seem to find much info on the Tenni clutch.

Regards

Denis

Hi Dennis

I can currently converting my Scura single plater to a twin plate.just pulled the motor last night.not that big a deal.Took me a few hours and I'd never done it before and I'm a average home mechanic not a multiple Guzzi/decade owner like many of our other members.

I have not heard of the Tenni exploding,only the Scuras.Same clutch assembly as far as I know,don't know why the Scuras would be susceptible to failure.

I have a thread in the technical section about this conversion,I'll be updating with pics and info soon if you want to get info if you've never pulled a Guzzi motor,such as me.

I got my twin plater from reboot in France .peter is a great guy,real Guzzi enthusiast, and has a very good reputation amongst the members.

All the V11's are nearly identical mechanically,but I would consider a model with the Ohlins,especially the 04's(Rossi,Nero,Cafe Sport) as most issues had been worked out and the extra K or so you'll pay will give you about 4k's worth of suspension .Best handling bike I've ever owned.

Michael

Hi Denis

I had a Tenni a couple of Guzzis ago. The Tenni along with the Scura has a lightweight racing clutch. I f you do a search failure is well documented. I followed the advice, at the time, and had a RAM replacement fitted. This was sourced from Agostini. If you are going to use a dealer it will not be cheap as it is an engine out of frame job. I have a Stelvio now but do miss my Tenni.

Good luck, Nigel

Hi Denis

I had a Tenni a couple of Guzzis ago. The Tenni along with the Scura has a lightweight racing clutch. I f you do a search failure is well documented. I followed the advice, at the time, and had a RAM replacement fitted. This was sourced from Agostini. If you are going to use a dealer it will not be cheap as it is an engine out of frame job. I have a Stelvio now but do miss my Tenni.

Good luck, Nigel

Thanks for the advice - I think I'll decline the Tenni - I wouldn't have the patience / tools / skill to tackle this job, it would be not financially worth the risk etc.

Hi Denis

Good luck, Nigel

Thanks for the advice - I think I'll decline the Tenni - I wouldn't have the patience / tools / skill to tackle this job, it would be not financially worth the risk etc.

I think that's a good decision if you can't do the work. Look for any LeMans or the 03-04 V11s.