1100 Sport Mistral Exhaust?

Guzzi07

Hi:

Does anyone have mistral silencers on their 1100 Sport? Which silencers do you run, the "race only" or Euro 3 compliant version? Are you happy with the sound / quality?

Was thinking of buying the euro 3 version, then experimenting with the length of the db inserts to find the right balance between a decent note but not too loud.

The pipes are available in aluminium, carbon or titanium. I am not too keen on the aluminium silencers (may have corrosion problems later) and have heard that carbon silencers should be avoided with twins as the pressure pulses cause the can to break up after a while, so was thinking of going with the titanium round euro 3 version (would prefer just plain stainless however they do not appear to be available).

Thanks,

Jason

I had the alloy cans on my sport, 100,000km later an they still look liked new, duno bout ya euro specs but mine were well open and not that loud but had the mintest sound possable.

I am debating whether I should maybe just go with the "race only" pipes and then simply swap over to the standard pipes (10 minute operation) for the yearly registration inspection. I guess "too loud" is a very subjective judgement...

Na they aint loud mate, I had a x over under the bike aswell so the big box muffler was gone aswell... not loud just a lumpy sound, If ya wanted to you can get some end pulgs made up reducing the end hole size and a short pipe going back into the can.

We have 6monthley warrent checks, luckly most cans brought into NZ dont have 'race use only' on them.

• 2 months later...

I have the Alloy cans as well. I am in USA so they must be the race version. Not overly loud. I find them just slightly quieter than Termignoni`s on my Ducati 999. They sound great and are built well

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have mistral silencers on their 1100 Sport?

Finally got around to digging out the old video camera which has a better mic than phone has. Short but sweet clip. They are Mistrals apparently - no markings that I can see. Bought second hand and not much between the exhaust v/v and the end of the can frankly.

Helen has Mistrals on her V11 which are E marked with the baffles removed. I have carbon Mistrals on my Daytona. Sound nice without being too anti-social and the bikes run well with them.

Good value for money pipes.

When I uploaded the clip onto YouTube I came across several other similar clips and one thing that struck me is how tippety tappety they all sound! Is this a function of the camera mic or my brain (what's left of it) discriminating out sounds I would rather not hear or sumfink?