2001 V11 Sport

fishonline

Hi Everyone, I'm new to your forum. The reason I am posting is I am looking to buy my brothers 2001 V11 Sport in candy green. The bike has only 3500 miles and is in new condition. My brother wont take a penny less than $6000.00 for the bike but both banks I have talked to told me the bike is only worth around $4-4500 tops. Do you guys feel that 6K is too much for this bike?

Hi Everyone, I'm new to your forum. The reason I am posting is I am looking to buy my brothers 2001 V11 Sport in candy green. The bike has only 3500 miles and is in new condition. My brother wont take a penny less than $6000.00 for the bike but both banks I have talked to told me the bike is only worth around $4-4500 tops. Do you guys feel that 6K is too much for this bike?

I don't know the US market at all but, for what little it may be worth, here's my three penn'orth:

1. It's probably not worth that unless he's coated it with diamonds;

2. The banks' opinion is neither here nor there;

3. Buying from a family member is a bad idea.

What everyone has said so far is valid - except it is a Moto Guzzi! If you want it - buy it -don't ask about the price - otherwise I'm not sure you want it! Guzzi's are not just a bike - they are either the bike you want - or not! Look at the bike - read about it in this forum - research it on the internet but if you really want it - you will buy it!

The bike is probably worth 6k to your brother because he apparantly never used it much. The reality here is its an 11 year old motorcycle. Whatever you pay for it just keep in mind that after you put 5,000 miles on it and get a few chips in the paint and so forth it will be a $3,500 bike.

Buying from a family member probably isnt the best idea either.

The bike is probably worth 6k to your brother because he apparantly never used it much. The reality here is its an 11 year old motorcycle. Whatever you pay for it just keep in mind that after you put 5,000 miles on it and get a few chips in the paint and so forth it will be a $3,500 bike.

Buying from a family member probably isnt the best idea either.

Thanks for your replies.

I bit the bullet and went ahead and bought it. I pick it up tomorrow morning. Looking forward to riding my new Guzzi!

Lucky you! watch for me in your area, I ride my Lemans a lot in Wisconsin.. plus we go to Danbury where we visit a cabin..

IMAG0249.jpg

and that color is lushious! do you want to join up with the twin cities Guzzi riders? we meet 3rd sat of every month.. and you should come to our rally AND GO THE THE WISCONSIN RALLY down by Mineral Point.

I used to drink .15 cent tap beer in NR back in the day when we 18yo's had to drive into Wi to be of age to drink.. then we drove home!

I'll keep a watch for you Fotoguzzi! Nice cabin btw..

Hey Lucky Phil, any clue where I can get some green touch-up paint? I have a little scratch on the very back of the rear seat cowel.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Lucky Phil, any clue where I can get some green touch-up paint? I have a little scratch on the very back of the rear seat cowel.

The guys with the Greenies may know better, but I am told you can mix ground-up Kermit-the-Frog action figures with grappa with a little anisette. DO NOT apply this to the bike's body panels, but quaff liberally seated in a secure location with the bike in sight.

After proper application, the scratch will seem to fade to imperception. Share with a friend and reapply as needed. :drink:

I paid 6500$ for mine last year.

2001 V11 sport, mint, with 3800 miles on it.

Crashed it three weeks later.

Fixed it all up and put another 3000 miles on it since.

Haven't regretted it for a minute.

I bought some on ebay about a year ago.Undercoat,colour and clear kit from www.bikecolours.com. About as gods a match as you could realistically expect this sort of thing to be.

Ciao