New to me Guzzi

DeBenGuzzi

.... I have to admit I don't post much anymore. I can detail them in a later post or non-post.

There's the seed of a great idea there JR. Let's have a forum for non-posts. It would be MaSsIvE, in a non-massive way. You could be the non-Moderator.

I can't see what I'm typing these days anyway, so this new forum would save a great deal of spectacle related hassle.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's deff the phase sensor, attempted fix 1 didn't work now to try the backup plan, slather the sensor in high temp sealant and shove it in.

also I noticed the rear end has a weep to it somewhere, damn bike. not too worried just annoyed, love the ride too much to stay mad at her anyway.

Ha, lots of us still come in for the pickins and snippets of great info. Like most vultures tending to hang quiet overhead till triggered into action by some opportunity. Welcome back DeBen great site this. Has a lot of humans I wouldnt mind meeting on the road. Heres a question for you long term guys, as a latecomer here (2008) I get the Italian number one but what is with the tree stumps on the signatures? JRT has one and Heli Jim has a forest. What gives?

Congrats on the greaser, heres my scoot on the road. Cheers

2011 everything 028.JPG2011 everything 202.JPG

the Italian number one but what is with the tree stumps on the signatures? JRT has one.... What gives?

Quizzical?

Points means prizes

stumps mean a stumper.

All was not / is not as it seemed. Gongs inevitably lead to corruption, yes even in the halls and chambers of the V11 Forum. There came a day when points became as valuable as a Greek Euro. I cashed mine in.

Ha, lots of us still come in for the pickins and snippets of great info. Like most vultures tending to hang quiet overhead till triggered into action by some opportunity. Welcome back DeBen great site this. Has a lot of humans I wouldnt mind meeting on the road. Heres a question for you long term guys, as a latecomer here (2008) I get the Italian number one but what is with the tree stumps on the signatures? JRT has one and Heli Jim has a forest. What gives?

we used to have a weekly quiz of "name that motorcycle" and some were so obscure after a few weeks and everyone throwing up their hands, I awarded a stump, only the most heartless diabolic minds were awarded such a point. The other two points were bodge points the golden bodge is for thoroughly embarrassing yourself and others with an honest statement so dumb the only winning move was to get a golden bodge and move on, the literal bodge would be fixing something with duct tape, a hacksaw, or JB weld, whatever.

I'm in Northern B.C. near Smithers have 2002 just like yours with a busted pawl spring right now,i seem to recognize that road is it on Vancouver Island going out to the west coast,just a guess,probably wrong.

Thank you for the info Belfast and DeBen. Almost seems a foolish question now about the stumps, I do recall 1 such quiz and it went flying over my head, had never heard of the beast in question. :unsure:

Hi Sullvarni, the road with the lake and hills is in the Kootenay between New Denver and Kaslo. The other shot is down low on 5a, Merrit-Princeton. You're right though, that shot could be Hwy 4 heading to Alberni except the mountain is sitting at the wrong end. Happy pawl spring replacing, new ones are heavier duty and make sure the coil can't bind on the boss. (all the gack is in this site under pawl this or that). Heres to 2002 Lemanses, proper Italian engagement :bier:

Thank you for the info Belfast and DeBen. Almost seems a foolish question now about the stumps, I do recall 1 such quiz and it went flying over my head, had never heard of the beast in question. :unsure:

Hi Sullvarni, the road with the lake and hills is in the Kootenay between New Denver and Kaslo. The other shot is down low on 5a, Merrit-Princeton. You're right though, that shot could be Hwy 4 heading to Alberni except the mountain is sitting at the wrong end. Happy pawl spring replacing, new ones are heavier duty and make sure the coil can't bind on the boss. (all the gack is in this site under pawl this or that). Heres to 2002 Lemanses, proper Italian engagement :bier:

quizpoint.gifquizpoint.gifquizpoint.gif

I have never heard of any of those places that you mention, therefore in the flying over the head spirit of V11 Quizzes, I am awarding you 3 points for those excellent answers. Please accept them above. I can tell that you want them.

Just let De Ben try to take them away. Just let him try.

I have never heard of any of those places that you mention, therefore in the flying over the head spirit of V11 Quizzes, I am awarding you 3 points for those excellent answers. I can tell that you want them.

Oh, you're just sucking up. It's not like you posted a 1953 Quintax Rotary to win a stump point.

I have never heard of any of those places that you mention, therefore in the flying over the head spirit of V11 Quizzes, I am awarding you 3 points for those excellent answers. I can tell that you want them.

Oh, you're just sucking up. It's not like you posted a 1953 Quintax Rotary to win a stump point.

Well you're only saying that because you know that no one on here can possibly remember back to then, so you can claim anything. All I remember is that there were dirty deeds done. Dirty deeds wot denied rightful pointers their rightful points and stumpers their stumps.

Ok i was through both those HYWs two years ago i also did the Merrit to Spencers Bridge which me and the Guzz enjoyed very much no traffic and the hammer down,can you say Heaven.

Now this Pawl spring thing i do have the new one to go in from M.G.Cycle,I'm not what you would call a Mechanic but will attempt most things if not to complicated,I'm a little worried about the boss supposed to be 1cm to thick on the 2002s,"IE"16 but

should have been 15cm correct,so do i somehow get this fixed or chance it with the new spring.

Thanks Stu.

Now this Pawl spring thing i do have the new one to go in from M.G.Cycle,I'm not what you would call a Mechanic but will attempt most things if not to complicated,I'm a little worried about the boss supposed to be 1cm to thick on the 2002s,"IE"16 but

should have been 15cm correct,so do i somehow get this fixed or chance it with the new spring.

Thanks Stu.

Stu, the 'new' springs were made with wider diameter spring coils, presumably so that they would work with the variety of sizes that the MG pawl arm comes in! wacko.gif

Therefore you should be ok to just fit the spring.

The best thing would be to measure the parts when you do the job, to be sure that they do work freely together.

If you do find that you have the oversized part and that you do need or want to get the original 'proper' spec (because the spring looks tight when fitted on it and operated) then you can either file down the part that you have, when you are doing the job, or put together the bits that you have, order a new pawl arm and then fit it later.