New to me Guzzi

DeBenGuzzi

You're in luck Stu! Posts going on about this very topic right now in Technical Topics. Not a big deal to fire in the new spring. lots of info on this site. Mine was done beside the road (P.O.) I've put another 80000km on that spring so I wouldnt get wound too tight re the boss. Just manipulate coil on spring to slacken grip on boss pop new one in and ride yer Guzzi! There is always time to play the pawl game and machining when ice is around. Cheers

New Models... an 02 is a new model isn't it?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belfast has updated the FAQ

nuff said

Thanks Mr Monkey i think I'll give it a go and worry about the Pawl arm later,have my 91 GSX 1100G on the road right now after i moved the INSUR over from the Guzz,now It's down needing a bit of welding on the frame,so down to my 04 KLR now if it springs a leak i guess I'll have to slit my throat.

Stu.

Now this Pawl spring thing i do have the new one to go in from M.G.Cycle,I'm not what you would call a Mechanic but will attempt most things if not to complicated,I'm a little worried about the boss supposed to be 1cm to thick on the 2002s,"IE"16 but

should have been 15cm correct,so do i somehow get this fixed or chance it with the new spring.

Thanks Stu.

Stu, the 'new' springs were made with wider diameter spring coils, presumably so that they would work with the variety of sizes that the MG pawl arm comes in! wacko.gif

Therefore you should be ok to just fit the spring.

The best thing would be to measure the parts when you do the job, to be sure that they do work freely together.

If you do find that you have the oversized part and that you do need or want to get the original 'proper' spec (because the spring looks tight when fitted on it and operated) then you can either file down the part that you have, when you are doing the job, or put together the bits that you have, order a new pawl arm and then fit it later.

OK Belfastguzzi I think I'll give it a go.

Thanks Stu.