V11 Luggage rack

Motormike

New guy here. Just purchased a 2004 Coppa Italia. Many bikes in the past, but my first Goose. Trying to sort it all out a bit. The bike came with what looks to be the factory luggage rack. But whoever mounted it did a hack (as in hack saw) job using a couple of Hex head bolts through the muffler/pax peg carrier and the rack supports. I hate it when cheap or ill fitting hardware is used instead of the correct parts. But I'm stumped trying to find the correct "allen cap screw" bolts. Looks like I need something called a "low socket cap screw" in 8x1.25 but I can't source any. Any ideas out there? I'd love to see what the correct hardware that came with the rack looks like.

"Fastenal" may be source for the fasteners if you have one nearby. If you like, pm me with your location and maybe we can compare notes in person. I'm an hour or so south of Nashville.

Kudos on the Coppa! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I am personally not a big fan of low head cap screws, since they have less 'meat' for the allen to fit into.

Would a button head cap screw work for you? They have a gentle rise that makes them look lower than they are.

Vanity perhaps...but I like a gentle rise, wink, wink.

New guy here. Just purchased a 2004 Coppa Italia. Many bikes in the past, but my first Goose. Trying to sort it all out a bit. The bike came with what looks to be the factory luggage rack. But whoever mounted it did a hack (as in hack saw) job using a couple of Hex head bolts through the muffler/pax peg carrier and the rack supports. I hate it when cheap or ill fitting hardware is used instead of the correct parts. But I'm stumped trying to find the correct "allen cap screw" bolts. Looks like I need something called a "low socket cap screw" in 8x1.25 but I can't source any. Any ideas out there? I'd love to see what the correct hardware that came with the rack looks like.

:nopic:

Love those Coppas!