The suede man cometh

belfastguzzi

Isn't suede allergic the water?

Doesn't it rain a lot in Northern Ireland ?

Yes it does. That's why it is so exciting to see the suede. Fergal is in the South, so he's ok: the sun shines there. (Not)

I see that half the photos aren't showing anymore. I wonder why Flickr does that? Anyone know what's happening? Photos appear ok at first and then after a day the link doesn't work anymore.

I can't edit the original post either. After clicking 'edit', the 'save post' and the 'use full editor' buttons don't work, only the 'cancel' button.

I was going to add this as a PS to above post, but as per the query in the Motha forum here, doing that makes the html code appear in the post.

Jaap, do my comments make sense? Seems like a couple of anomalies/faults?

Oh well, just to show that Fergal really was there: I'll try a couple more, smaller photos. We'll see if they stay put.

8114231087_180b638d66.jpg8114236373_8ab2495c2d.jpg

I can't edit the original post either. After clicking 'edit', the 'save post' and the 'use full editor' buttons don't work, only the 'cancel' button.

I was going to add this as a PS to above post, but as per the query in the Motha forum here, doing that makes the html code appear in the post.

Jaap, do my comments make sense? Seems like a couple of anomalies/faults?

Pics show nicely. As for the editing, could you try again if the the problem persists?

wait a minute...this thread is about me???

I knew this moment would come...my Daddy told me it would....Gosh I'm overwhelmed. Sob.

Hang on a second. What's wrong with my suede seat. It matches my desert boots. And my blue shoes...OK..we won't go there....

When I went to Holland, by renault eventually, a few years ago I got into a very stilted conversation with one of the Deutschlander guzzisti whose English was as bad as my German. And, lucky man, he also bathed in the stellar glow of Tenni ownership. But he was using his suede seat all the time(while mine had been sitting in the attic since new), and said the rain didn't bother it.

Now, I know it rains more in Ireland then Germany(ok, it rains more in Ireland then anywhere really), but I've been using it a lot more since. I wouldn't tour with it though.

And don't it make my bike pretty?!

Suede is good, Fergal.

I once made a motorbike seat cover from beautiful brown leather – with fringes all around it. Bothersome in the wet, yes, but, it had fringes - and it was real leather. Just don't tell anyone.

Jaap, for me, the photos in posts 1, 2, 3 & 6 only appear as messages from Flickr saying that the photos are unavailable.

I'll try refreshing the cache.

D

As said, pics are okay here, probably a hickup on your computer...

Thanks Jaap - it's another of those weird ones. The photos do not all display on my computer at work or the one at home. I have checked on my phone and it is same thing: in posts 1, 2, 3 & 6 there are no photos!

As said, pics are okay here, probably a hickup on your computer...

Thanks Jaap - it's another of those weird ones. The photos do not all display on my computer at work or the one at home. I have checked on my phone and it is same thing: in posts 1, 2, 3 & 6 there are no photos!

They don't show for me now either <_>