Pingle Fuel Valve

v11hopeful

I've been dliligently researching without success for information about what type of Pingle and adapter can be fitted to replace the electric fuel valve on my 2000 Greenie. Would appreciate hearing from those who have converted to a Pingle, what valve and adapter is best. Thanks for your help.

I've been dliligently researching without success for information about what type of Pingle and adapter can be fitted to replace the electric fuel valve on my 2000 Greenie. Would appreciate hearing from those who have converted to a Pingle, what valve and adapter is best. Thanks for your help.

Just put a manual valve on- Guzzi ones are very cheap, work perfectly and are not fragile like the electric version.

Cheers

Guy

Just put a manual valve on- Guzzi ones are very cheap, work perfectly and are not fragile like the electric version.

If you're talking about the stock item fitted to 02 bikes not sure "work perfectly" is entirely accurate, Guy. Always feels a little soft & fragile to me. First time I removed tank, thought I'd turned it right off, but thread had snagged part-way (maybe a bit off grit) & when pulled pipe it flooded the shed w fuel, couldn't get the b****** pipe back on, petrol pouring everywhere.

I've never been able to get mine to shut off completely & it'll always dribble a little fuel when I take tank off.

Maybe I just got a bad one :huh2:?

KB :sun:

Cheers

Guy

I went to pingels web site when I did mine. Eventually I settled on their power-flow dirt valve #4220-ah425ang. They make every combination of inlet and outlet direction combined with lever position... but this one works with my right sided petcock position. I have taken apart every valve used and new I could get my hands on and there is a BIG difference in the passage sizes (especially at the elbow if it has a 90 degree bend). The guzzi manual one I had calls for 3/8 hose, but its internal i.d. is not even larger than 1/8". My bikes fuel pump would whirr and strain every time the ignition was primed, now it sounds quiet like any other modern bike. I have to agree completely with Baldini; the stock units are one of the things that cheapen a beautiful machine and are needlessly annoying. I posted a pic in the gallery section.

I almost forgot, the Pinglel does need an adapter. I made one by metric tapping a brass male pipe fitting. The doing is easy, knowing what to do is the M#@** F*&^$# time waster.

Hope this helps,

dave

If you're talking about the stock item fitted to 02 bikes not sure "work perfectly" is entirely accurate, Guy. Always feels a little soft & fragile to me. First time I removed tank, thought I'd turned it right off, but thread had snagged part-way (maybe a bit off grit) & when pulled pipe it flooded the shed w fuel, couldn't get the b****** pipe back on, petrol pouring everywhere.

I've never been able to get mine to shut off completely & it'll always dribble a little fuel when I take tank off.

Maybe I should have said work well if you add a bit of lube now and then- the manual tap on Helen's V11 Sport did seize open when I did not lube it for years, and had to unseize it in the vice. Still prefer them to the horrible electric petcocks which are very fragile, and have changed the electric petcocks on my other Guzzis to the old style.

Maybe I should have said work well if you add a bit of lube now and then- the manual tap on Helen's V11 Sport did seize open when I did not lube it for years, and had to unseize it in the vice. Still prefer them to the horrible electric petcocks which are very fragile, and have changed the electric petcocks on my other Guzzis to the old style.

What is the procedure to lube the manual petcock? Can one simply drizzle a light oil down inside the turning drum with the device in place?

What is the procedure to lube the manual petcock? Can one simply drizzle a light oil down inside the turning drum with the device in place?

That is exactly what I do Docc- have not had one seize since I started doing that.

Cheers

Guy :helmet: