Swapping the ECU

Bugtarget

Any unusual precautions to swapping the ECU on my V11 LeMans? Disconnect the battery first? Or just unhook the wiring harness and ground wires and remove?

Thanks! Doug

I was told by my local dealer (excellent Guzzi mechanic) to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes before disconnecting the ECU. Maybe it really needs to get done, or maybe it's just a precautionary measure-I don't know for sure, I just follow his advice.

Ken

Any unusual precautions to swapping the ECU on my V11 LeMans? Disconnect the battery first? Or just unhook the wiring harness and ground wires and remove?

Thanks! Doug

YES!!!!

Remove the NEG lead first from the battery THEN, the Pos lead.intstall in reverse order.

****Important****!!!!! Use caution the Pos lead of battery is about an inch from the Ecu neg lead.Several people have blown ECU's by shorting those lead$$$$$$$

The only reason you would disconnect the neg lead first is because if your wrench were to touch the neg battery terminal to the frame or a ground you would do no harm. Do this with the positive lead and you have firework$ !