What is it about Denmark?

So, my life is fairly quiet at the moment. No kids, the house is coming along, work going along nicely, stress is being kept to a minimum.

Evenings tend to be spent in front of the telly,wifey at my side, surrounded by big smelly dogs, glass of wine in hand.

But wait. Something odd is happening. I seem to be watching a lot of stupidly good looking people, in cold depressing looking countryside, investigating nasty murders. They wear big woolly sweaters, are all blonde, and speak like that Chef from the muppets.

Up until now Denmark was only known for that Hamlet dude, and even that tale was in English. Allegedly.

So how, all of a sudden, have these Vikings started producing the best telly on the box?

"The Killing", "Bergen", and "The Bridge", are all brilliant, and at least 2 have already been remade as US dramas, and even they're very good.

I now know more about Danish politics and police tactics then I ever really wanted to. Hell, I'm even starting to pick up some of the lingo.

It's all very disturbing.

Heydo.

I'll have to look into that, although I don't watch very much TV.

I've been into Swedish police procedurals for several years now- been through all the Hennig Mankel, Per Waloo, etc. books.

They are well translated, so I don't detect any accent.

The only thing you need to know about Denmark is that you have to pay a 170% registration tax for a new or a imported mc! Yes, that was 170 - more then the actual value of the motorcycle. As one how just recently imported my Le Mans into Denmark when moving from the US, I know this all to well :-(

The only thing you need to know about Denmark is that you have to pay a 170% registration tax for a new or a imported mc! Yes, that was 170 - more then the actual value of the motorcycle. As one how just recently imported my Le Mans into Denmark when moving from the US, I know this all to well :-(

Like for every 1 Krone of value , you pay 1.7 Krone in tax ? Is that the same on automobiles ?