RAM/Scura clutch centre query

Gritman

Does anyone know if the Scura single plate clutch centre fits the RAM clutch? Can source both, but can't get a definitive answer that they match............

Thanks folks!

I fitted a RAM cltutch to my Scura. Iput in a new clutch hub but don't recall sorce, or whether it was identical to original. I'd say they are same spec, almost certainly, but I'm afraid I can't say 100%, cos I can't remember. Sorry.

Not sure if twin-plate clutch pushrod is same length as Scura one. I had a problem here with fitment. The centre button on RAM was different depth to original Scura one. When assembled, pushrod was too short to operate the RAM clutch centre & disengage clutch. I replaced RAM centre button with one from original centre. This wasn't a problem as they were same diameter, but could be an issue for you coming from twin-plate?

Who are you getting the RAM from? Is it V11 specific - twin-plate replacement? Can suppliers confirm compatabilities?

I have to say I was on my own when it came to sorting issues. Telling suppliers parts aren't compatable is pi**in in the wind. They just assume you fitted it wrong.

KB :sun:

Going from Scura to Twin plate I used the twin plate button that came with it and a 2plate hub.The stock Scura hub should be the correct hub for a RAM.I think some who have exchanged the Scura for aftermarket RAM didn't change hubs.Can any one confirm?Keith did you have pics from the switch out? Iknow what the single plate hub looks like,...now.

Maybe a call or email to Agonstini,TLM or MG Cycle as they sell the kits.

• Like 1