any questions on Holland / the Netherlands ?

Un-der-stood!! .... And more confused now. :huh:

Q: Are there any tulips from the Caribbean?? :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for sharing, Jaap.

I just missed some remarks on the excellent cheese from Gouda and Leerdam.

Maybe a good reason for an onsite inspection trip to ....umph... Holland? Dutschland? Netherland?

Regards from Bavaria. With cheese, too, but no tulips.

-M-

...TAPAtalk via Samsung Galaxy Nexus...

My Grandmother, and Grandfather, on my father's side were both from Holland, but met here in the U.S. I still don't understand all of that video. I couldn't ask my Grandparents to clear this up, for a few reasons. One, they are both now deceased, and my Grandma's accent was so heavy I'm not sure if she could clear that up if she even wished to do so...but Man oh man, would she twist your ear if you sassed back, or said you didn't see any reason for going to church! :grin:

The Netherlanders can be described as one of the true expansionist nations.  At the rate they are reclaiming the North Sea I am convinced I shall awaken one morning to find Britain merely an island in some giant Dutch lake.  Still have to take a ferry to get anywhere though.

• Like 1

Hilarious!  No wonder there might be "some confusion!"

It all makes the electrical system on my V11 seem perfectly sensible and well thought out . . . B)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Well that's not confusing at all.

Bismarck apparently said that if the Irish and Dutch switched lands, the Dutch would feed the world. And the Irish would drown...

• Like 1

Years ago I remember riding from Germany to England and on arriving at the Dutch Netherlands border was greeted by the customs agents who enquired if I had any sugar or non-european rabbits!  It turned out that when there were political squables between them and Germany, the customs were told to make things difficult for anyone entering from Germany.  I assume the question was their way of playing along and reflected their sense of humour. However I  have often wondered since if non-european rabbits eat sugar?

Nice one, Jaap :-) Dunno how many times I've been mistaken for being Dutch: You are from Denmark, right? That's where there the Dutch live, right? Hmm, yes and no....