NEW Clutch line install, no fluid in the line

bikelee

:mg:  I'm gonna go with the MPH handlebar risers and that requires clutch and brake line replacement. I have bled lines before but have not replaced any in a long time. Any tricks or techniques for doing this ? I have a Mity-vac but when I use it, air seems to get around the area where the clear tube attaches to the bleed nipple even though the tube seems to fit real tight. I put a little thick grease on the threads of the nipple and that seems to stop air from getting in that way.

Also should I remove the rear wheel to gain better access to the clutch bleed nipple ? :oldgit: I have kinda big hands.  Thanks for any help or suggestions !!  :notworthy:

The only way that I can bleed the clutch is with the rear wheel out so I'd say that's your best bet.  I put a few turns of teflon tape on the bleeder threads when I use the mityvac to prevent the air leakage there.

My bike already had aftermarket front brake lines on it when I bought it so I can't say if there's anything tricky about removing the stock lines. It looks pretty straightforward in the parts diagram. Just don't get any fluid on the paint.

Use the Mighty-Vac with NO petroleum base grease anywhere around brake parts. The teflon tape (or liquid pipe thread sealant) is a smart idea too. remove the rear wheel and inspect rear wheel bearings n grease driveshaft